2018 NHL Winter Classic (Alumni Game logo, uniforms)

OhioSportsMan61

all of the graphics are very well done. especially the stuff for the jackets...

my only gripe, which is half dangerfield in tone, is that this is probably as close as the stars will ever get to actually playing in an outdoor game... having two expansion teams completely unrelated to the stars franchise wear uniforms of two teams very closely related to the stars franchise. lol.

i'd also like, selfishly, to see the yellow on the wild concept turned red. you used blue jackets colors for the barons uniform, opting to use navy and red instead of red and black... i'd like to see the wild wearing their own team colors of green and red, rather than the stars historic colors.

Got a little sidetracked this weekend, but it's time to unveil the logo and uniforms for the Alumni Game!

Alumnilogo_zps3wwucqyr.png

The logo was inspired by the front entrance sign at my alma mater, The Ohio State University, with the famous rotunda of Ohio Stadium in the background.

On a sidetone: For those who didn't know, the arches in the main mark are inspired by the Short North arches found in downtown Columbus. A little known fact about Columbus is that it has the nickname "the Arch City" (forgot to mention this in the OP).

And the uniforms....

CBJALUMF_zpslsl5jiv5.png

MINALUMF_zpswxqa1csr.png

Since we get more of a throwback feel with the Winter Classic uniforms each team will wear, both will wear their inaugural uniforms from the early 2000's.

C&C always appreciated!

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

18 minutes ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

I like the idea of the Alumni uniforms, but who would be the players for each team?

Minnesota has already had an Alumni Game in the past in their Stadium Series matchup against Chicago. I know that Jody Shelley still gets a relatively large group of CBJ alumni to meet up and play every once in a while, so that's also not a concern. Plenty of former CBJ players (Grand-Pierre, Odelein, Sanderson to name a few) live around the area and pop their faces into the arena for games and events.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Archived