Tennessee Titans to get new uniforms in 2018

randyc

The flaming thumbtack doesn't work with a full stripe. There's a reason they went with the truncated style. 

IMO if you need to truncate your stripe due to your logo, then it's not a good helmet logo- but if they're set in it (which we don't know) then it's either no stripes or short ones. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A helmet stripe like the lions use would work fine if multiple colors are desired, or a simple one-color stripe would work fine as well.. At most, I'd like to see something like South Carolina does with their black helmets.. A single color center stripe, but with thin outlines to separate it from the shell color

9 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I think they use too much navy, and a switch to an emphasis on light blue would really embiggen their overall look.

Using more Columbia/Titan Blue will be great, as there is an overkill of darker blue in the AFC South.

It seems patternable that Nike adds a new gimmick/element to ever uniform they redesign:

Denver (side panels)

Tampa (chrome facemask)

Seattle (patterned numbers, wide helmet stripe)

Jacksonville (gradient helmet)

Cleveland (you know, all that stuff)

All five also feature new or tweaked logos... expect these trends to continue with Tennessee, maybe something that parallels current Nike apparel offerings?

Can already picture these "tweaks"

-Yoke becomes bigger, like the Bucs.

-some ugly custom nike font.

-chrome logo.

-traditional pants stripe become like flames or a T-shape or something with some marketing speak about how it mimics the logo. Or if that's too extreme something else ugly like the Browns, Bucs or Jags.

-Light blue socks replace navy ones with the light blue pants, because why have something look good when it can look like a leotard?

Oh and white pants are never worn again with a colored jersey.

Hey guys I'm a huge Titans fan, so I'll give you my .02. 

I don't think the Titans should have any red other than the flames. The two tone blue is great. I think navy should be the primary home jersey color but the columbia should be basically equal in what you see from the brand.

The Titans have slowly been changing their wordmark on social media and you can be sure this is what the redesign will incorporate. It also seems obvious they somehow want to use that greco-roman border pattern that's awesome.

I also want to give my idea for a Titans jersey, but I don't know how to design so if one of you maestros can put into something we can see. Here is what I want.

Helmet- Columbia blue. Gray facemask. Flaming thumbtack. I've always felt like a columbia blue helmet was needed for the Titans. The two tone blue is too good to have a white helmet.

Jersey- Keep the navy home.  light blue shoulder yokes. Switch the font to what is used in the pictures. I want to see what the numbers look like in silver, and then see what they look like in columbia blue. I've always felt like the Titans never needed white on any part of their numerals.

Pants- Same as they currently are. White at home. (I hate the current monochrome navy).  Alternate between columbia and navy pants on road.

13522007_10154261916708851_716410262261906791_n.jpg

15826075_10154854255058851_7777737129718844440_n.jpg

15822991_10154847105943851_4746486899131674750_n.jpg

^^

That's not bad but quite reminiscent of North Carolina.  I like it in a vacuum but I almost wonder whether more would need to be done to differentiate. Maybe some browns-like sleeve stripes or something?  (or some red, but I'm not hoping for that)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 hours ago, Rebuy said:

13522007_10154261916708851_716410262261906791_n.jpg

15826075_10154854255058851_7777737129718844440_n.jpg

15822991_10154847105943851_4746486899131674750_n.jpg

I want to like all of this, but there's parts of it I have problems with.

The wordmark and numbers (used on the score) need some work. The abrupt endings of the "S" (as well as the "C" in the general font) are driving me crazy and really don't mesh well with the rest of the script. It seems really over-stylized for the sake of it when it really doesn't need to be. The numbers from a distance appear to have some line-weight inconsistencies (most prevalent on the "24") that are sticking out to me like a sore thumb. I'd rather not something like that be front and center on a jersey.

I'm also rather indifferent to the Greco-Roman theme. It's a decent idea, but I feel the flaming thumbtack and the T-sword do enough to convey the Titan theme, and adding the Greco-Roman stuff to me would just be a crammed element; the Titans' look is close enough to great that it doesn't need something added to it as much as it needs some small cleaning up. The logos can (and do, now) take care of telling everyone they're the Titans.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Maybe the concepts could be posted in the concepts forum.

I'm a fan of the Titans look, with the exception of the number font and helmet.

Out of their current logo set, I'd prefer the T to the flaming tack, but maybe just the tack without the flames would work.  It would allow for a nice stripe to be worked in.

I like yokes (when done tastefully) so I hope they keep theirs - it's their "thing".  Maybe add red trim to it.

I kind of like the idea of using the Oilers' old round font for the numbers, but that may be a little bit like taunting.  Plain block will work just fine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

^^

That's not bad but quite reminiscent of North Carolina.  I like it in a vacuum but I almost wonder whether more would need to be done to differentiate. Maybe some browns-like sleeve stripes or something?  (or some red, but I'm not hoping for that)

I was going to say "too UNC" till you beat me to it.

I guess this is an unpopular opinion, but I like the Greek Fire shield much more than the T-sword.  The T-sword has a messed-up perspective. Either sword is SUPER short OR it's a HUGE SWORD that's flying right at the viewer with a little tiny shield that happens to be a perfectly parallel (yet still in front in front of the giant flying sword?).

And if the second perspective is the accepted view, then the outline should be thickest at the bottom of the logo because that is the part that is closest to the viewer. But nope, of course that's the thinnest part of the outline and results in this really stupid optical illusion.

1056.png

Anyone else see what I mean?

Archived