NCAA Baseball Uniforms 2017

YesterdayWasCool

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/9/2017 at 2:57 PM, GeauxColonels said:

Today, LSU UNVEILED the 8 uniform combinations to be worn by the team (and on which days they will be worn) for the 2017 season. The set includes a sweet throwback.

k8P0Rix.png

edPxN6B.png

This entire set is beautiful. 

B. Fass
Lancaster, PA

Nationals, Senators, Cowboys, DC United, Wizards

Washington-Nationals-Logo-HD.jpg.281d0e8be98a8521d34280de8329814f.jpgf29b882649e94f47737fee9f5b5b001f.gif.b4758c5fa8639d2f66ee458c1f7b27f9.gifmedium_DCU_20Crest_on_20white.png.4035fbad4dcbf26991bc729beadb718e.png59e126b48fe75_cowboyslogosmall.jpg.27ea81b23b230e77e0460934b5f36e74.jpg

They do look good but I think they've worn a version of every uniform already including the cream throwback. Other than maybe the plain white and plain grey. 

Coastal is solid as always. 

Kentucky got a couple of new uniforms but I think they started to wear the blue uniforms last year. Black is new this year and they have new "batting practice" jerseys that I bet will be worn in a game. Will have black hats and black helmets also. 

C3mjkjaWAAE-jb7.jpg

C4fIenyWQAAAGFa.jpg:large

C3gvLDOWEAEzDh-.jpg

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

Eastern Michigan looks good. I'm curious about the OAK 12 patch on the sleeve, but not curious enough to research it, and I really wish Adidas would put their damn logo on the sleeve.

I like BYU, too, new and old, but I think the cougar logo (blue hat over the pullover) is too detailed for a hat from long-distance (and doesn't match the script on the jersey, which is fairly modern), and the Y on the hats is too... generic, especially when you have the kind of wonky Y in the circle. Honestly, I think the best look would be to put the Y from the circlular logo on all the caps, and put the cougar on the sleeves.

44 minutes ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

I like BYU, too, new and old, but I think the cougar logo (blue hat over the pullover) is too detailed for a hat from long-distance (and doesn't match the script on the jersey, which is fairly modern), and the Y on the hats is too... generic, especially when you have the kind of wonky Y in the circle. Honestly, I think the best look would be to put the Y from the circlular logo on all the caps, and put the cougar on the sleeves.

Agreed on the sailor Cougar logo. It's not a good cap logo--I don't like it as a logo in general, but I guess it's part of the whole nostalgia thing. I also don't think the oval Y helmet logo works well for baseball, it was traditionally a football-only logo until a few years ago. BYU has a long history of using a Y to match the Y on the mountain, so I prefer the block Y caps, though going back to the old baseball block Y logo would be more unique:

RyanHancock_zpscab8435c.jpg

joynerbyu.jpg

y_mountain_in_the_autumn_by_delta406-d7u

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

1 minute ago, Mingjai said:

Agreed on the sailor Cougar logo. It's not a good cap logo--I don't like it as a logo in general, but I guess it's part of the whole nostalgia thing. I also don't think the oval Y helmet logo works well for baseball, it was traditionally a football-only logo until a few years ago. BYU has a long history of using a Y to match the Y on the mountain, so I prefer the block Y caps, though going back to the old baseball block Y logo would be more unique:

joynerbyu.jpg

I do like that Y, and I will admit to not being 100% holding in BYU's logo history. From an objective/history-less standpoint (which was what mine was), the Y from the circle would just be a way to differentiate them from all the other block letter teams, of which there are plenty.

On 2/11/2017 at 10:09 PM, Big Yellow Flag said:

I honestly really like these. They aren't too out of the box, they're kind of just "classic baseball." Safe, simple, and classy. Only thing missing is a gray jersey.

They're relatively clean because they're straight catalog, I think. I do know that CCU is using a UA catalog number font for these.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Archived