YesterdayWasCool

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, ODUMonarchs said:

New looks from the Commonwealth of Virginia

UVA

C40tjZkWIAAauGw.jpg_large.jpeg

11 jerseys is ridiculous.  2 orange jerseys?  C'mon.  Just pick one.  

6 or 7 should be the max.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

11 jerseys is ridiculous.  2 orange jerseys?  C'mon.  Just pick one.  

6 or 7 should be the max.

I might be a stickler for this, but I'd go even less than that. I'd go 4; home white, grey road, and 2 colored alternates/1 colored alternate and 1 throwback. I don't think a team at any level really needs more than that.

Its partly why I have a hard time really enjoying college baseball aesthetically; there's very little brand consistency, and most teams look like 15 different kinds of garbage.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Arizona made some tweaks to the uniforms this season, removed white piping from blue jersey, and blue piping from red jersey. Overall more consistent, but I thought the piping made the uniforms pop a little more. Along with the pinstripes. 

Last Season:

ncaa-baseball-college-world-series-arizona-vs-miami-5-850x560.jpgYWDFRCHTRCSUNDL.20140605175449.jpg

This season:

C46FPZVUYAEPQQc.jpgC3NZEmaUYAELISA.jpgC4-NoSiVYAAAk_3.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

On 2/17/2017 at 10:33 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

I might be a stickler for this, but I'd go even less than that. I'd go 4; home white, grey road, and 2 colored alternates/1 colored alternate and 1 throwback. I don't think a team at any level really needs more than that.

Yes! Exactly. You can't have a truly consistent brand when nobody knows what you're going to wear. I'm looking at UVA and I see... two orange jerseys, three blue, four white, a gray, and a camo look. Texas A&M has three white jerseys a cream, a gray, a maroon, and a black.

Old Dominion is much closer to getting it right, I'll give them that. I'd like to see the black scrapped and the "Monarchs" white replaced with gray, but they did a good job.

I get you need to recruit, but I don't see how the uniforms help. The Yankees aren't going to stop being a big destination for rookies and free agents because they wear white with pinstripes at home and gray on the road. They have an identity and they have a strong tradition, and people respect and appreciate that. 

19 hours ago, H11K said:

Arizona made some tweaks to the uniforms this season, removed white piping from blue jersey, and blue piping from red jersey. Overall more consistent, but I thought the piping made the uniforms pop a little more. Along with the pinstripes. 

Last Season:

This season:

C46FPZVUYAEPQQc.jpgC3NZEmaUYAELISA.jpg

They jerseys really nice, and I even liked the piping on last year's set too.  It's odd they use the ASU/old Florida State number font.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived