johnnysama

Whatever happened to that "middle bar"-style facemask?

I figured since there was talk about Deion Sanders' facemask in this thread that I would post this rare photo I found of Deion wearing a normal style facemask. It doesn't look right.

1-deion-sanders-db-kr_pg_600.jpg

On 1/31/2019 at 9:42 AM, Old School Fool said:

I figured since there was talk about Deion Sanders' facemask in this thread that I would post this rare photo I found of Deion wearing a normal style facemask. It doesn't look right.

1-deion-sanders-db-kr_pg_600.jpg

Wow! You’re right my first thought was that isn’t Deion, I don’t care how he is holding the ball, I don’t care that he has his running form, I don’t care that all the rest of his equipment screams Deion. That isn’t Deion. But it is.

It looks like EVERY fullback, tight end, safety and linebacker is using skill masks now. Has anyone seen one of these positions with a full facemask?

I looked at some manufactures sites and they only list full masks for linemen. I miss the 90's 🤨

5 hours ago, Kenmtb said:

It looks like EVERY fullback, tight end, safety and linebacker is using skill masks now. Has anyone seen one of these positions with a full facemask?

I looked at some manufactures sites and they only list full masks for linemen. I miss the 90's 🤨

James develin comes to mind