My Singing Monsters Football League (5. Denver Dandidoos added)

MCM0313

Okay, presenting the Minnesota Mammotts!

Location: Duluth, Minnesota (farther north, and therefore colder, than the Twin Cities)

Colors: Deep Pine Green, Pale Ice Blue, Blizzard White, Mammott Flesh (all Mammotts have more or less the same color skin, so that's not racist. lol)

Mascot: Erik the Mammott (tying into Minnesota's Scandinavian heritage)

Main Logo:

Mammott_(smile).png

Alternate Logo:

Rare_Mammott.png

For the Mammotts, I really wanted to go with a color scheme reflective of their cold-weather habitat. As the common Mammott doesn't have a lot of color on him, I was able to create my own scheme. The only color that came from the logo was "Mammott Flesh", which I believe may have actually come from his fingernail rather than his skin. Regardless, it is very sparsely utilized in the uniforms. The Mammotts are more liberal and, I think, creative with their use of white than any other team thus far.

I considered using the Rare Mammott on the alternate helmet but decided against it. Here are some possibilities of what that helmet might have looked like:

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.49.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.49.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.49.23 PM.png

Enough of that - here are their primary outfits (first home, then away):

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.47.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.47.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.47.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.47.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.47.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.47.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.47.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.47.58 PM.png

As you can see, the Mammotts favor fairly simple uniform designs. The alts are even plainer. The white alt helmet has the white logo and a white facemask. The white alt pants are plain, with no stripes whatsoever. The "away alternate" is actually meant to be used at home in a snowstorm as a "whiteout" look, to confuse opponents. (This wouldn't fly in the No Fun League, but this is the MSMFL, where most things go - not anything, but most.) Here are the alts (first "home", then "away"):

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.48.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.48.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.48.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.48.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.48.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.48.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.48.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.48.24 PM.png

@osctheg, @Dabbaby17, @Htown1141: Any comments on the Congles or Mammotts? 

I plan to do at least one more team tonight. I'm working like crazy this weekend so anything beyond tonight will have to wait till at least Monday.

I have plans for two New York teams (whose fans dislike one another, natch), as well as several others. Stay tuned!

Presenting the New York Tweedles!

Team Colors: Tweedle Purple, Fire Orange, Champagne (alts only)

Mascot: None (but they have a great cosplay cheerleading squad)

The Tweedles tend to be the team favored by working- and middle-class Bronx and Queens residents, as well as by faux-working-class hipsters in Brooklyn. Their standard uniforms are simple, focusing heavily on purple with a white helmet and white pants and touches of orange. The tertiary champagne color is seen only in their logo(s) and alternate set. 

This is also the only team thus far for which I have used a logo not from the original My Singing Monsters game: the Tweedles' main logo is from My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire, which I personally have never played. However, it was clearly superior to the version from the original game, which became their secondary logo.

Primary Logo:

A_tweedle_adult.png

Secondary Logo:

Tweedle.png

Primary uniforms (first home, then road):

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.22.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.22.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.22.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.22.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.22.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.22.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.22.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.22.27 PM.png

Tweedles' URL (totally forgot this with Mammotts, d'oh!): http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2277649700:1484273575

The Tweedles' alts are more elaborate than their regular uniforms, and are typically worn only for special occasions (often against their main rival, who will be posted next). The champagne came from a brief period in the '80s when the other New York team was floundering badly and the Tweedles were hanging around .500, with an occasional playoff appearance. They were briefly called, sarcastically, "The Toast of New York," and they embraced the label. It serves as a subtle reminder that they were once NYC's best team.

Alts (first home, then road):

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.34.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.34.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.34.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.34.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.35.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.35.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.35.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.35.04 PM.png

9 minutes ago, Htown1141 said:

I like NY, but maybe use the college font and make a helmet stripe that matches and you have a very solid concept

I see what you mean. The rounded college font would fit in better with the logo and the single helmet stripe does sort of stick out. Let me fiddle with it for a minute.

Next up will be the Tweedles' main rival, the New York Bowgarts, of Manhattan. I'll give you two teasers to last the weekend while I work my tail off at two jobs: 

1. Their team colors are Bowgart Blue, Bronze, and Lavender (at least for now)

2. I'm having a heck of a time with them. I'll just leave it at that for now. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's been quite the break, hasn't it?! My work schedule has left me too busy to design, but not too busy to reply. I still haven't figured out how to do the Bowgarts, but I should be uploading one or two other teams tonight.

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

It's been quite the break, hasn't it?! My work schedule has left me too busy to design, but not too busy to reply. I still haven't figured out how to do the Bowgarts, but I should be uploading one or two other teams tonight.

Make that...I don't know. I'm just really tired tonight. Too tired to fire up the ol' laptop. I'm not done with this series, though.

I return after a long absence from this thread to present the Denver Dandidoos!

It's neither the altitude nor the legal marijuana, my friend: the logo does indeed have two heads. This is the first team for which I have used the rare version of a monster for the primary logo:

Rare_Dandidoo.png

Since the common Dandidoo is of a completely different color (spring green, if anyone was wondering), I have excluded it from the team's branding. The secondary was supposed to be the word "Dandidoos" in a red (cursive) script with a blue outline, but PhotoShop wasn't letting me type for some reason. If anyone wants to design such a thing feel free. 

This will be one of the few red-and-blue teams in this league (perhaps the only one?). I have decided to use red, rather than blue, as the main color because it seems like most teams with red-and-blue schemes, especially in football, choose to emphasize the blue more. Also, the fact that the mascot has a red body didn't hurt.

Team Colors: Rarin' Red, Dandidoo Blue, Beak Yellow

Mascot: Deuce the Dandidoo

Despite the wackiness of their mascot, the Dandidoos' uniforms are pretty traditional. They use the same jersey design for all four jerseys and the same pants design for both pairs of pants; the only logo on any of their jerseys or pants is the main logo on the front of the collar; and the only difference between their main and "alternate" helmet is that the "alternate" is just the main with the stripes retaped. On the main they're blue-red-blue and on the "alternate" they're red-blue-red.

However, there are some idiosyncracies here. The main pants are worn with the primary home and alternate road jerseys; the alternate pants are worn with alternate home and primary road. The alternate helmet taping (see above for explanation) is used only for the alternate home uniforms twice a year. The home jerseys feature a small amount of Beak Yellow trim; the road jerseys have none. (Both pairs of pants have small amounts of yellow trim.) 

In other words, this is a team with well-established aesthetic traditions AND a two-headed mascot. If you don't like that, sue them.

Archived