NHL 2017-18

Bmac

I thought it would be wise to create a separate thread for next season.

What we know:

-Adidas is taking over the production of the on-ice jerseys. Fanatics will produce the retail jerseys.

-Alternate jerseys will not be worn during the 2017/18 season.

-Edmonton Oilers will promote their orange 3rd jersey to full-time home status.

Rumors:

-New Jersey Devils are reported to have a redesign in store.

-Washington Capitals are rumored to be returning to the retro jerseys full time.

*edit- also if a mod could move the posts from the 2016/17 thread to this one, that would be cool.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

A lot of these points are valid.

Here are my two cents:

1. There is no chance of the Adidas three stripes appearing anywhere on game-worn uniforms elsewhere than where the Reebok logo is currently placed.

2. I wasn't scared when the partnership was introduced, nor when the World Cup jerseys were introduced, but with the Devils rumour coming out, I now am. New Jersey has been the most stubborn team uniform-wise for years now. They didn't even have any type of unveiling for the Edge uniforms, they were so similar to the previous ones. Lou put his foot down on introducing a Stadium Series jersey, when no one else did. If these new uniforms are anything but throwback...

3. The no-alternate rule completely contrasts with earlier reports, but it is believable, and is all but confirmed on the mothership. This opens up the door for Minnesota to solve their uniform problem once and for all, or completely skewer the chance.

4. Edmonton has the nicest set in the league. Their primaries have a great historical background, and are classic, but their alternate is also nice. Would I want it to replace the blue jersey? Tough call. If they do go with it, it'll be because they want to bypass the losing era, and this is the perfect opportunity to do so. The worst thing for them to do would be to pull a Thrashers and keep the away jersey. If they swap out the home, they also need to swap out the away.

5. We haven't seen another collar used with an Adidas jersey, which is mildly frightening, but for now, I'm treating the World Cup jerseys like the first Reebok All Star uniforms. Hopefully this won't mess up Winter Classics, or untouchable teams like Montreal.

6. Just get rid of the templated messes already...

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Edmonton? Good move.

-separates them from the last few years as they start a new era of winning

-separates them from the islanders.

-they stand to make A LOT of money right now with McDavid. Might as well introduce a new white jersey to sell that matches the orange.

They will simply bring back the blue jersey as an alternate when Adidas brings them back in 2018-2019. not a huge deal.

I predict the Devils rumor turns out to be false.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Not worried about losing alternates for a season. My fear, though, is that teams will be given a choice between the alternate or regular home jersey and they'll choose the alternate thus creating Minnesota Wild like mismatches all across the league. Edmonton has already done this. 

The Devils don't need new uniforms and they have history, but it's a brave new world without Lou. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Not worried about losing alternates for a season. My fear, though, is that teams will be given a choice between the alternate or regular home jersey and they'll choose the alternate thus creating Minnesota Wild like mismatches all across the league. Edmonton has already done this. 

The Devils don't need new uniforms and they have history, but it's a brave new world without Lou. 

I would love to see wild use green jerseys as home. Maybe we see the addias jersey soon if not then we will them at the daft for sure

hvmY186.png

Well, let's just say I don't have high hopes for the Ducks. Of course the third will probably get the chop as that's their only good uniform.

At the very least I'd like them to take the opportunity to bring out a half-decent home and road set, but I'm not counting on that either.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

22 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

That sounds like an inside joke, like "The red stripes are 1/8" wider, and the black stripe is 2/16" wider!"  

Kinda like the Browns helmet.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, Bmac said:

I can't find the email, but I recall getting something about the Caps switching back to their retro set full time next year. Perhaps the desire to keep the retro alternate around facilitated that?

Ottawa might use there 3rd and white version for next year

hvmY186.png

Archived