NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

The team was based in Cherry Hill NJ.

I take it this was the arena with the infamous sloping rink which was a disaster even by WHA standards.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

That really wasn't their logo. It was their mascot. Their first logo was a jersey devil looming over a map of New Jersey.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/estock/fspid11/19/43/16/5/rutgers-setonhall-basketball-1943165-o.jpg

That (or a modernized version) should be the third jersey and alternate logo. Abosolutely gorgeous!

1 hour ago, Chico said:

John McMullen's wife based the original Devils concept logo off of the NJ Transit logo. 

NJTransitLogo-400.jpg

I always thought that might have been the case but I never knew that they actually planned that...

YVRMUBj.png

The one good thing about the no third jerseys is now with Adidas taking over, we have new ideas being brought to the table in terms of design- Canucks could finally get their green sweater, Buffalo with a yellow, etc. But that also means we could see some poor designs, so maybe not so good...?

Lou Lamoriello may be a monster who withheld medical documents so his players could continue to incur brain damage, but at least he was right about how to brand the Devils.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

18 hours ago, Thaumatrope said:

Does anyone else see a lower case "d" (for devils) in the logo? I always assumed it was intentional but in light of all the discussion about hidden shapes I'm second guessing myself.

I've always seen it as a D

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

1 hour ago, Chico said:

I loved this concept Backhanded Devil did a few months back using the Kansas City Scouts jersey.

Cpr6KmDXEAEyv1G.jpg

Unpopular-opinion alert: I actually somehow like that better than the primary. Never thought I'd say that....

Wonder how it'd look if the thin "pinstripes" were green...just curious.  That way it's a primarily red/black/green team but with continuity to its past and a tiny dab of color that separates them from the other red/black teams. Honestly, I think the Sens should do something similar with gold. Why not?

The white is a little too close to Minnesota. I wouldn't change a thing about the Devils. They won three championships in nine years wearing what they wear.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

I take it this was the arena with the infamous sloping rink which was a disaster even by WHA standards.

Yes, I believe this is the one that you are thinking of. My dad had gone to a couple of games there. The arena was located about 10 minutes away from where I grew up and where I live now. My dad said it was awful.

Archived