NHL 2017-18

Bmac

What the hell is it with these uniform designers and their affinity for ruining collars?  It's bad enough they tinker as much as they do anyway, but some buffoon is always trying to push awful collars.  

STOP IT.  STOP MAKING COLLARS LOOK STUPID.  YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.  IT'S NOT GOOD DESIGN.  IT'S NOT AESTHETICALLY APPEALING, BOLD, BRAVE, OR ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT.  IT'S JUST DUMB.  GO EAT FIBERGLASS.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time seeing the white unis in action. 

i.jpg.3d9e5e3ef5e86cacf5677ccf2f70312b.jpgcbj1.jpg.8f718b17b10af6fe478b665fa24a945e.jpg

The new sock stripe really does wonders for this set. Makes the shoulder striping more purpose and balances the entire uniform. The new number/name font is a big upgrade. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

^^

My takeaway from that Blue Jackets photo is the white number on the back of the Blues jersey.  It's bordering on distracting/blinding.  Maybe it's more of an issue of what I'm used to (since it's not like white numbers on a blue jersey is that unusual) but it's not simply a downgrade (though I feel it is)...but an annoyance.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

21 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

^^

My takeaway from that Blue Jackets photo is the white number on the back of the Blues jersey.  It's bordering on distracting/blinding.  Maybe it's more of an issue of what I'm used to (since it's not like white numbers on a blue jersey is that unusual) but it's not simply a downgrade (though I feel it is)...but an annoyance.

The Blues going with white numbers on blue is just like the Bruins using black socks, goes against what the team wore for most (in the Blues case all) of its history just for the sake of change.

30 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

First time seeing the white unis in action. 

i.jpg.3d9e5e3ef5e86cacf5677ccf2f70312b.jpgcbj1.jpg.8f718b17b10af6fe478b665fa24a945e.jpg

The new sock stripe really does wonders for this set. Makes the shoulder striping more purpose and balances the entire uniform. The new number/name font is a big upgrade. 

♫ Somebody once told me

That round logos were only

The best uniform tool that they had

I think they're looking pretty simple

With their emblems and their symbols

In the round shape on their shoulder pads

Well

The drugs start comin' and they don't stop comin'

Hell with design, let's hit the ground runnin'

Didn't make sense to simplify the wheel

Let's abuse our power, aim for mass appeal

Too much "Our State," Too much "We're Great"

Too much bending elements into weird shapes

But fans will never know if we don't show

That we're making this up as we go

Hey now

You're a FlagStar

Get your crest on

Go

Play

Hey now

You're a FlagStar

Get your merch on

Get

Paid

And all our alternates show

That we may have gone with the wrong logoooo

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

DKQjTwtVwAAVluw.jpg

the Penguins now look like old rich guys with front row tickets who rushed to the arena from work and put their jersey on over the top of their polo shirt. Nice job, adidas. 

I'm more disappointed about what they did to the road uni. The all black collar and insert was a really nice look. Sad that it's gone.

10 minutes ago, CS85 said:

♫ Somebody once told me

That round logos were only

The best uniform tool that they had

[snipped for length]

I'll nominate this for POTD. Can I get a seconder?

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

DKQjTwtVwAAVluw.jpg

the Penguins now look like old rich guys with front row tickets who rushed to the arena from work and put their jersey on over the top of their polo shirt. Nice job, adidas. 

If looking like old rich guys with a polo under their jersey is the only "flaw"...I'll take it. IMO, I think the Pens still have one of the best looking kits in the NHL. Especially, if the Pens lift the Cup for a third time in a row....I'll take it. 

I do think, though, we dodged a bullet considering what New Jersey will be outfitted with this season....sheesh.

I actually don't mind the new collars, for the most part. Then again, I was never really a fan of the Reebok ones either. In fact, I think the Red Wings actually look better with the new collar... The rounded neck scoop and thick red collar remind me of an old hockey sweater: s-gordie-howe-of-the-detroit-red-wings-p2afc595a-3c0d-4d99-ae63-85a8abc85d5e?fit

On 19/09/2017 at 10:06 PM, Bruins said:

Finally got a look at the B's w/ black socks:

636414513786937167-SI-20170919-lbm-ad7-02.jpg.32cb92dd17f06802282ab9139d51e1c4.jpg

636414513790213188-AP-Red-Wings-Bruins-Hockey-M-2-.jpg.ea13152e3d92e907b9f5bd56f02b98ec.jpg

I'd just like to say how ironic I find it that the same team that once complained to the league 'cause Pittsburgh looked too similar to them, now themselves look too much like Pittsburgh.

23 hours ago, M4One said:

The Blue Jackets new number font reminds me of the Calgary Stampeders, minus the extra points or whatever they're called.  

calagary_stampeders_numbers_1x.jpg

The Jackets' - and the Stamps too, now that I look at it - number fonts might just be the Kings font, but edited?
FB_NHL-Los-Angeles-Kings0.png

Archived