NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/7/2017 at 1:42 PM, _RH_ said:

For kicks and giggles I did a quick replacement of black on the Avs' road unis to blue:

iyk8jm.jpg

(also swapped the darn blue touching burgundy for the shoulder number)  Not sure if this might be TOO much blue.  What do you think; better than the black?

Yuck.  I could understand if black and navy swapped, but not the light blue for pants and numbers.  But, they have dropped the navy all together (the C logo now has a black center dot) and thirds are being replaced.  But I definitely don't want navy to replace the light blue.  Too dark next to the maroon.  I thought the thirds last few years were horrendous.

18 hours ago, Sabres7200 said:

The color balance would be really nice if those changes were made and they went back to navy helmets. 

I disagree. What I would like to see is the Predators go with yellow on the road and a matching navy at home. I love the uniqueness of the yellow helmets. 

And speaking of helmets, the Golden Knights' grey lids look amazing. 

1 hour ago, wildwing64 said:

perds.png.4ae7d00ca50f5e2b2133305a556006a7.png

That sure is a yellow hockey jersey.

The previous set had problems but at least it got the colour separation right. This is bland in comparison.

looks like its the 1980's Penguins vs Flyers.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

^ Agreed but this current uniform matchup...... new Avs homes (clearly the better of the 2 new unis of theirs) + small improvements to numbers on an already-solid Bruins uniform = simply outstanding uniform matchup. They both look great and plenty of contrast.

The Devils’ new uniforms are really growing on me. 

I love the bold striping and it’s not so much of a departure from what they used to wear. Feels more and more like a strong evolution of a set that had history but was by no means iconic. 

(God, I’m going to get crushed for this.)

2 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

If I could change only one team back to their previous look, it's the Boston Bruins. Not the New Jersey Devils.

I really like what the B’s did, getting the striping to make more sense. I just wish the yellow socks were an option. 

38 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I love the bold striping and it’s not so much of a departure from what they used to wear. Feels more and more like a strong evolution of a set that had history but was by no means iconic. 

I REALLY like the striping pattern. It's definitely better that the old one. It adds more of the opposite color, so there's more red on the road, and more white on the home. If there was a tail stripe, than these would be perfect. The color balance is much better than the old ones. The old had a little too much black. (Of course, it's still miles better because it has a tail stripe, and I don't think I'm going to get past the fact that the current ones don't but...)

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Won't crush you but there was no need to change, it's a classic and Ill bet that as loyal as Devil fans are, they will not buy the new jerseys for a little tweek. Hell, a lot of people still wear the Christmas jerseys to the game. Their uniform was always considered classic.

4 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

The Avalanche are so confusing with their branding.  They really really push the stupid C logo:

FD870336-05F3-495F-93F1-A4311CCD0060.png

I guess this belongs in unpopular opinions, but I like that logo, and I really liked the alternate uniform they had last year (but the shoulder yoke was too big)

On 10/10/2017 at 10:05 PM, Point1 said:

I was vehemently against the gold helmets, but I was watching an old video and the navy blue actually looks kind of weird now that I'm used to the gold.

JamesXNealXSXM.jpg

Was never a fan of these uniforms when they were in play but comparatively speaking, they look masterful.  Even the piping and panels look distinctive in comparison to the sheer blandness of the current set.

10 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

They just need hem stripes to match the sleeves.  When almost everyone else has gone away from the Edge-esque practice jersey, they went to it.   

Archived