NHL 2017-18

Bmac

I’m imagine some teams would try to tell adidas to f out like they did with Edge. The Red Wings have to either be going throwback (Cougars or something) or something along the lines of one of their outdoor game. I can’t see them going with BFBS or something completely ugly and out of left field. Same goes for the rest of the O6.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, VikWings said:

I’m imagine some teams would try to tell adidas to f out like they did with Edge. The Red Wings have to either be going throwback (Cougars or something) or something along the lines of one of their outdoor game. I can’t see them going with BFBS or something completely ugly and out of left field. Same goes for the rest of the O6.

Remember, the Blackhawks didn't even care about the big adidas unveiling, so I'm guessing the alternate won't be anything flashy or out of left field.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Remember, the Blackhawks didn't even care about the big adidas unveiling, so I'm guessing the alternate won't be anything flashy or out of left field.

Im guessing(and, tbh, hoping) for a return of the black third. Preferably the matching one to their red/whites, but.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

There's nothing particularly WRONG with it, but can someone explain to me what they love about the Blackhawks black jersey? It always struck me as vastly inferior to their red jersey, which is one of my favorites. Yet every time the black one comes up I see a lot of comments about how gorgeous it is. I don't get it.

34 minutes ago, Andy said:

There's nothing particularly WRONG with it, but can someone explain to me what they love about the Blackhawks black jersey? It always struck me as vastly inferior to their red jersey, which is one of my favorites. Yet every time the black one comes up I see a lot of comments about how gorgeous it is. I don't get it.

You need to see one in real life, i got one of these and it's :censored:ing amazing, and they are called blackhawks, so it  fits

amonte-black-96_slide.jpg

I would say that it matches better because it includes the white and reverses the colours instead of the plain black and red one. I think it’s a better look than the original one. Probably their best look so far. Too bad they’ve gotten so far away from it.

Reversing the colours is not matching.  Matching is matching.  Originally the light and dark jerseys were exactly the same.  The only difference was white body for home and black body for away.  They looked so dark and menacing wearing almost no white on the road...

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

4 hours ago, SHaMROCK said:

Reversing the colours is not matching.  Matching is matching.  Originally the light and dark jerseys were exactly the same.  The only difference was white body for home and black body for away.  They looked so dark and menacing wearing almost no white on the road...

I loved that look as well. While it wasn’t bad looking by any means, adding white to the stripes of the black jersey just made it less unique and signature.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Regarding the "31 teams getting thirds" rumor, one Pro Image account says all 31 are getting thirds; another account from the same company in a different city says it's 23 teams. My money's on that number, rather than every team.

As for the Blackhawks in black, they looked great from 1996-99, but became significantly worse when the team revised the crest and removed its tan outline. And even at its best, the black jersey was still the third-best of the Hawks' uniform options. I'd love to see a return of the 1936-inspired Winter Classic 3rd, but I'm aware that I'm in an extreme minority on that one.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 12/13/2017 at 9:41 PM, Sodboy13 said:

Regarding the "31 teams getting thirds" rumor, one Pro Image account says all 31 are getting thirds; another account from the same company in a different city says it's 23 teams. My money's on that number, rather than every team.

As for the Blackhawks in black, they looked great from 1996-99, but became significantly worse when the team revised the crest and removed its tan outline. And even at its best, the black jersey was still the third-best of the Hawks' uniform options. I'd love to see a return of the 1936-inspired Winter Classic 3rd, but I'm aware that I'm in an extreme minority on that one.

I don't understand why... This is a fantastic uniform. Hands down, one of the best the Hawks have ever worn. If the other black alt had plain black pants, it might work a little better, but it's still kinda bland. Everything really blends in, and it just doesn't seem to fit the Hawks.

The Winter Classic sweater has a fauxback look, complete with a vintage white, that is actually historically accurate. (At least according to NHLuniforms). They have a little more originality, and they fit the Hawks historic franchise quite well. (They also look much better with the shoulder patch)

27586.jpg

The other black jersey honestly looks like a photo shop job...

Colorado+Avalanche+v+Chicago+Blackhawks+

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

10 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I don't understand why... This is a fantastic uniform. Hands down, one of the best the Hawks have ever worn. If the other black alt had plain black pants, it might work a little better, but it's still kinda bland. Everything really blends in, and it just doesn't seem to fit the Hawks.

The Winter Classic sweater has a fauxback look, complete with a vintage white, that is actually historically accurate. (At least according to NHLuniforms). They have a little more originality, and they fit the Hawks historic franchise quite well. (They also look much better with the shoulder patch)

27586.jpg

The other black jersey honestly looks like a photo shop job...

In full agreement here.  If the Blackhawks must have an alternate, this is the way to go.  The only thing I don't like is the re-coloured tomahawk logo as it makes things a bit too cluttered.

The other option looks like one of those bad Starter, fashion jerseys of the mid 90's.  Removing the tan outline makes the logo disappear into the uniform and the tomahawk-patch treatment is awful.  Since the uniform is basically a reverse treatment of the road, logic would dictate they use the Tomahawk patch with some red on it.  Instead they just lazily apply the version from the home jersey and it looks like it doesn't belong.

40 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Can't have the Blackhawks not wear their logo.

That's a valid point. The logo on the 1936 throwback is actually not the correct one for that uniform, anyway. The original was quite a bit different and had a red face, which is presumably why they went with a 1948-ish logo for that Winter Classic (I say 1948-ish because the highlights in the hair and braid are colored incorrectly, just as they were when they wore that logo for NHL75). The 1936 uniform also had the pants reversed in color from what they wore in the Winter Classic, as well as the zigzag socks, and they didn't wear the three-color numbers until they went to the barberpole-style jerseys. All-in all, it's a bit of a mash-up.

So, with the chest logo already being inaccurate, and the addition of an anachronistic mark to the shoulder (which works quite well againt the simplicity of the uniform and the complexity of the roundel), I think the best solution to use that as a third uniform would be to create a roundel logo using the current chief head.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

21 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

That's a valid point. The logo on the 1936 throwback is actually not the correct one for that uniform, anyway. The original was quite a bit different and had a red face, which is presumably why they went with a 1948-ish logo for that Winter Classic (I say 1948-ish because the highlights in the hair and braid are colored incorrectly, just as they were when they wore that logo for NHL75).

So, with the chest logo already being inaccurate, and the addition of an anachronistic mark to the shoulder (which works quite well), I think the best solution to use that as a third uniform would be to create a roundel logo using the current chief head.

The new Sabres WC logo everyone fawns over isn't correct either.  Who cares?  It's a faux-back and a huge improvement over the original uniform.

5 minutes ago, Morgo said:

The new Sabres WC logo everyone fawns over isn't correct either.  Who cares?  It's a faux-back and a huge improvement over the original uniform.

That's my point. If it's not going to be accurate, then it should at least support the current brand or be better than the logo it's supposed to replicate. The throwback roundel they have on file for Chicago fits none of those criteria.

Archived