Bmac

NHL 2017-18

I'd definitely would think about starting asking if the Leafs are introducing grey tones to their uniform after a preview.

I'd be more ok with the Oilers going with orange if they had kept the royal blue.

1 hour ago, NYYNYR said:

Maybe the clue is in the tweet: 

Only 5 more days and "this" will be our jersey. Preorders will begin at "The Armory" store at @TMobileArena beginning at 6 PM on Tuesday.

I'm not sure how that's the clue to something. The teasers give very little away.

The pictures are filtered like God is smiling upon Adidas. Not every team is getting a new shade.

Ray_of_Light_on_Cap_Haitien,_Haiti_(7908

4 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Well you know the way out. 

Yeah I do thanks. I said ''a lot'. not all. I'll probably still stick around.

Typical cherry-picking response.

10 hours ago, McCarthy said:

By all means, then, identify these fundamental flaws.

"utter rubbish" is subjective. 

I do, quite often.

10 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Can you order us books so we can get on your education level?  

No I can't, sorry about that.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'd be more ok with the Oilers going with orange if they had kept the royal blue.

I dunno.  The primarily orange uniforms with royal highlights looked pretty garish at times.  I'll hold judgement until we see the full uniform but from what I've seen so far, I'm pretty happy with the decision.

2 minutes ago, Bayne said:

Yeah I do thanks. I said ''a lot'. not all. I'll probably still stick around.

Typical cherry-picking response.

Lol, so true.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

The alts had an old looking throwback appearence. Someone might have thought it looked washed out and wanted a more vibrant scheme of bright orange with some darker navy blue parts to accentuate the look. It can go both ways, but it has potential at least.

Also, the blue names are gone. In are white names with navy trim. So that confirms it's not just a 1 click color swap. The shoulder numbers could be gone as well and other adjustments could have been made too. Plus, no clue what's gonna be of the road jersey. It would be a hideous decision aesthetics-wise, if they took the Dallas Cowboys route and opted to using 2 different shades of blue.

38 minutes ago, number81 said:

I dunno... it looks the same to me. 

There are differences - the A's a little bit skinnier on the new jersey than Trade Gothic, and the C is differently shaped.  The Trade Gothic C is really rounded on top and bottom curves, but the new C is a bit more angled.

DCXuD9JV0AAkTre.jpg

I saw somewhere, maybe in this thread, that most teams had some slight modifications to their fonts to make them more individualized and harder(?) for producers of fake jerseys to reproduce. 

The Bruins letter font is definitely a little different. 

Re: the Avalanche jerseys, I'm most curious to see if they keep the "original" pointy number font, or go to the smoother/rounded font from their alts.

4 hours ago, daniel75 said:

I must be looking at a different photo then, cause I see a grey collar.

Why don't you go study the Mariners' jerseys for a few weeks?

So, on the Avalanche jersey... Is that a silver/grey stripe or is this just a situation of different materials of the same color reacting very differently to light?

^ I'm pretty sure it's silver/grey, because it is darker than the Adidas logo and letters, where on other teasers the white on the yoke outline is the same shade as the white on the letters and Adidas logo. 

4 hours ago, Lafarge said:

So, on the Avalanche jersey... Is that a silver/grey stripe or is this just a situation of different materials of the same color reacting very differently to light?

Definitely silver/grey

3faWDqM.jpgfawzc8f.jpg

4 hours ago, Morgo said:

fawzc8f.jpg

If that is a Bruins jersey, it looks like they got rid of the "double outline" letters.  Score one for legibility.