NHL 2017-18

Bmac

Just now, WSU151 said:

The team could have chosen not to release the second teaser at all.  Ottawa released the crest teaser, but revealed nothing yesterday.  

I dunno.  Just seems odd.

Definitely odd. Makes you HOPE that the team wouldn't come out wearing a cape in its inaugural season, right? They can't be that dumb, WSU?? Tell me not!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Definitely odd. Makes you HOPE that the team wouldn't come out wearing a cape in its inaugural season, right? They can't be that dumb, WSU?? Tell me not!

Nope not! lol

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

TBH, none of the logos the Canucks have been bad in principle, but execution. It's sad when the best Canuck logo isn't even for the Nucks: 

fzgq7dqweveodcd2gj98by2ks.gif

That is a football player with a hockey stick and gloves. Look at his bare arms.

6 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

TBH, none of the logos the Canucks have been bad in principle, but execution. It's sad when the best Canuck logo isn't even for the Nucks: 

fzgq7dqweveodcd2gj98by2ks.gif

The designer originally designed a version of this logo for the Canucks, but they went with the Orca.

40 minutes ago, uniformity said:

That is a football player with a hockey stick and gloves. Look at his bare arms.

Every time I look at it now, it looks like he's wearing a red football jersey with shoulder pads, with a black capped sleeve with the leaf logo, and a white compression shirt underneath.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's possible that Vegas could use a large black shoulder yoke with names inside the yoke.

Even with the lighting, the front is clearly a grey jersey. The shoulders could be either because the lighting of the pic may be swerving us.

Only Winnipeg's numbers are italicized. It's always been odd.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sorry, what I meant by that was that Winnipeg's always gone with a straight letter/italic number combo.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It is possible that Vegas' jerseys may just have very large black shoulders that the nameplate is put on similar to what the Sabres had in the red/black/gray days of the late 1990's/early 2000s. Or it could be a style similar to what Team USA wore in the early 2000s where the sleeve and shoulders were all one piece that the nameplate was put on while the numbers and logo were put on the actual jersey color.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

On 6/15/2017 at 8:09 PM, number81 said:

I dunno... it looks the same to me. 

img11635859.jpg

Of course it looks the same.
It's a cliche.
I'm here all week, folks. Enjoy the prime rib.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Archived