NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Point1 said:

The orange and blue should never touch like that, that looks awful. Let alone the collar.

It's still better than going full WHA throwback. I think the simple, uncomplicated stripes are fine as they are.

The crest and other elements are supposed to stand out more on the jersey anyways. I may be in a minority, but it's the leak is legit, I think they nailed it.

For those who don't like the collar...unfortunately the NHL released a video of the new template, which spotlights the new collars...:(

http://www.boardwalkstudio.co.uk/showcase/adidas-adizero-nhl-shirt/

And with that said, if there aren't different variations of the new collar, that means laces would be completely eliminated because there's no way laces would fit properly. Hopefully, it's not the case. But I am less and less hopeful, the more I see the new stuff.

35 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

And with that said, if there aren't different variations of the new collar, that means laces would be completely eliminated because there's no way laces would fit properly. Hopefully, it's not the case. But I am less and less hopeful, the more I see the new stuff.

I don't see why there wouldn't be collar variations. And if there aren't, the excuse they come up with will be utter rubbish.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I was having a discussion with some Sabres fans about their new jerseys (they're rather upset about navy blue sticking around), and of course logo talk followed.

Why hasn't something like this ever come up? I don't even see it being done with concepts around here, and I'm just not sure why. Any thoughts?

It seems just so obvious!

buffalo sabres modernized logo copy.png

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

3 minutes ago, hockey week said:

I was having a discussion with some Sabres fans about their new jerseys (they're rather upset about navy blue sticking around), and of course logo talk followed.

Why hasn't something like this ever come up? I don't even see it being done with concepts around here, and I'm just not sure why. Any thoughts?

It seems just so obvious!

buffalo sabres modernized logo copy.png

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/110365-nhl-2017-18/?page=74#comment-2758631

7 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Oh yeah, THAT I've seen a bunch of times, and just a few posts later I asked

It's missing a white buffalo! Why isn't everyone combining those excellent swords with a white buffalo a la the original logo? I don't think I've seen any really effective modernizations 

28 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

The swords would need to be simplified. Two completely different art styles clashing there.

Ok, something more...this.

5946d1a2bb1ae_buffalosabresmodernizedlogo2copy.thumb.png.5e7b7086fa6a68510a1db5238f3d5ec3.png

It's rough, admittedly, but the fact that I'm not seeing more attempts to modernize this logo shocks me.

13 minutes ago, hockey week said:

5946d1a2bb1ae_buffalosabresmodernizedlogo2copy.thumb.png.5e7b7086fa6a68510a1db5238f3d5ec3.png

It's rough, admittedly, but the fact that I'm not seeing more attempts to modernize this logo shocks me.

Mixing logos from different eras almost always looks exactly like what it is. You'd have to do a lot of work to get those things to look like they fit together. I will say I don't think the proportions there are that bad, but I still think the best way forward is tiny improvements to the original.

6 minutes ago, uniformity said:

The WHA throwback just needed to be tweaked in the collar. Everything is wrong with this update.

And the numbers need to be moved down. Other than that, those WHA uniforms are perfect.

16 hours ago, hockey week said:

Check out my NHL 2017 thread over in the concepts section. ;)

Archived