NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Edmonton's prototype, for some reason the two white stripes with orange as the main color doesn't look right to me. I'm curious how the white and blue would look swapped. Either way, when blue was the main jersey color, the two white stripes looks fine.

I hope New Jersey's new jerseys aren't that bad....

...please tell me they aren't that bad

....you couldn't just stay with tradition?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I don't know if it is the funky effect on the teaser footage.. It look like Buffalo will be sporting a light blue shade of the logo's outline, instead of the usual matching shades... 

I didn't bother posting the other teams, because they will not be sporting any shoulder patches on their jersey... 

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 12.13.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 12.10.26 PM.png

4 minutes ago, Shachihoko said:

I don't know if it is the funky effect on the teaser footage.. It look like Buffalo will be sporting a light blue shade of the logo's outline, instead of the usual matching shades... 

I didn't bother posting the other teams, because they will not be sporting any shoulder patches on their jersey... 

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 12.13.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 12.10.26 PM.png

I think it's just embroidery that catches the light better vs. the rest of the crest that is made of the same material as the rest of the jersey that is more matte and would appear darker in that lighting.

New Jersey Devils are on their way to making -- if we're using tennis lingo -- a major unforced error.

Can someone with knowledge help me here? 

Teams that have chosen -- over the last decade -- to lose key striping elements and detail (especially on the hem), in favor of no striping or the addition of piping or color blobs, are doing this to...

1. Be aerodynamic

2. Have lighter-weight jerseys

3. Look modern

4. Save money

5. Appeal to a younger crowd...who doesn't like traditional striping?

6. Support the idea that "traditional striping" is for the O6 teams

7. Appease the manufacturer, who is stressing the stripe-less look

or....

8. None of the above; they simply don't see the difference between matching, traditional striping and a lack thereof

Have to think the Devils are only making the change to sell some jerseys. Think about it, their jersey hasnt changed in 25 years which means once fans own a jersey they have no reason to buy another one. With this makeover the jersey will largely look the same but have just enough changes to make fans purchase a new one

5 minutes ago, insert name said:

So what is it about the Alberta flag patch that pisses everyone off? 

It doesn't go with the team design and flags on sports uniforms (especially state/provincial) are lame.  Plus there are two teams in Alberta.    

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, bowld said:

Have to think the Devils are only making the change to sell some jerseys. Think about it, their jersey hasnt changed in 25 years which means once fans own a jersey they have no reason to buy another one. With this makeover the jersey will largely look the same but have just enough changes to make fans purchase a new one

Bingo. It's either that or the Devils had planned a major overhaul but when word got out the overwhelming negative reaction from the fans caused management to reconsider and settled as you said making just enough changes to make fans purchase a new one. 

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

27 minutes ago, insert name said:

The flags are A. Unnecessary. We all know that Calgary is both in Canada and Alberta. We don't need flags on the actual uniform to tell us that. B. the Alberta flag clashes with their actual uniform. C. Lazy and D. occupies real estate that would be better used by an alternate logo like the one from the shortly used third jerseys. Even the flame snot horsehead would be an upgrade. 

I love this and it should be on the jerseys for every game. 

7483_calgary_flames-alternate-2014.png

edit: 

E. posits that simply by being included on the uniform that the country and province are essential information for a viewer to take in, which begs the question of why that isn't on any other team's uniform and the answer is because it doesn't need to be and therefore the Flames look silly by including them. It's the same reason the few teams still holding onto chest numbers look silly. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, insert name said:

1) They're not the only team in Alberta

2) The blue clashes terribly with thier colors

3) They have hundreds of better options, including the flaming horse

4) and it just pisses me off :P 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived