NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Ok I undestand that Calgary is proud of being from Alberta, but this Flags on shoulders still doesn't look good. Why they can't go with this alternate log or without any logos?

That's why the alternate logo from the old thirds is perfect. It incorporates the wheat field & mountains from the flag's crest, but uses the teams actual colour scheme. Much better than a contrasting flag slapped onto the shoulder.

The Canadian flag might bother me even more than the Alberta one. There are 7 teams in Canada, 2 of which are named after people from Canada, and another 2 that have a maple leaf front and centre on their primary logo. Sure, the red & white flag isn't as gaudy on the Flames' jersey as the provincial one, but it is still a worse kind of pandering (I hate the idea of any NHL team being called "Canada's team").

54 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

That's why the alternate logo from the old thirds is perfect. It incorporates the wheat field & mountains from the flag's crest, but uses the teams actual colour scheme. Much better than a contrasting flag slapped onto the shoulder.

The Canadian flag might bother me even more than the Alberta one. There are 7 teams in Canada, 2 of which are named after people from Canada, and another 2 that have a maple leaf front and centre on their primary logo. Sure, the red & white flag isn't as gaudy on the Flames' jersey as the provincial one, but it is still a worse kind of pandering (I hate the idea of any NHL team being called "Canada's team").

I like the fact the Calgary flames use the flag idea, no other team does it. Their own thing, one of kind. Showing they are proud where they come from

hvmY186.png

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Could be worse. The NFL has 32 American teams, yet one of them is known as America's Team. 

19 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Could be worse. The NFL has 32 American teams, yet one of them is known as America's Team. 

But you can make the argument that the Cowboys earned the nickname organically. They didn't redesign their uniforms with a US flag patch on the sleeves out of nowhere.

5 minutes ago, number81 said:

Well, except for the C shoulder patch, which was comfirmed today that it's staying. Which means another Colorado themed alt is probably a safe bet.

or the fact they said that alternates are now a thing of the past

Archived