Bmac

NHL 2017-18

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

 

And now you know why Edwards, Burke, and King think they can get CalgaryNEXT built with public funds.

 

Dont see why Alberta can't  help them out, they are the one of richest provinces in Canada, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

When I look at a Calgary fames jersey I can say it's proud be from Canada and Alberta. They take pride in where they come from like no other team does. They are  thinking out side box when they made that idea. So what if people who don't like the flag idea. It's was made for the fan of the c of red. To show them they are Alberta strong with what their team name means to the provinces. Its show your true colours for team like the flames. Alberta strong with the Calgary Flames. 

 

ok.jpg.cbce4a9b6f311c47f916df145fdb4b26.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I really hope not. It looks like you pasted the Orca over the third jerseys, and the striping on the third jerseys is awful.

 

Dis-a-gree

 

Third jersey striping is better than the homes. White stripe is too thin imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

When I look at a Calgary fames jersey I can say it's proud be from Canada and Alberta. They take pride in where they come from like no other team does. They are  thinking out side box when they made that idea. So what if people who don't like the flag idea. It's was made for the fan of the c of red. To show them they are Alberta strong with what their team name means to the provinces. Its show your true colours for team like the flames. Alberta strong with the Calgary Flames. 

You should work for Nike with all the Nike-speak you just used

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I think the Flames and CSEC (the name of the ownership) might be one of the most, if not the most, tone deaf sports groups around.

 

Fans want to get rid of the flags and go retro, Flames don't go retro and keep the flags.

 

Fans don't want the black away helmets, Stampeders keep wearing the black helmets.

"We won't threaten to leave; we'll just leave."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

When I look at a Calgary fames jersey I can say it's proud be from Canada and Alberta. They take pride in where they come from like no other team does. They are  thinking out side box when they made that idea. So what if people who don't like the flag idea. It's was made for the fan of the c of red. To show them they are Alberta strong with what their team name means to the provinces. Its show your true colours for team like the flames. Alberta strong with the Calgary Flames. 

 

The fans' comments on Twitter conflict with your view.  Overwhelmingly, the fans don't want flags on the jersey.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shachihoko said:

Some teams already have flag incorporated to their jersey:

 

Calgary

Colorado

Columbus
Nashville
Florida

Arizona (formerly) 

 

 

Yeah but Alberta's clashes so badly with their identity that it truly tarnishes their look.  Tell you what, honor the flag by hanging it up in the arena next to the Canadian flag. 

 

Bring back the flaming horse head *pounds on table*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And hey god bless the Caps but can we please get some new uniforms tonight?? The Atlanta Falcon wannabee sleeve stripes can see the door.

 

Give me some horizontal stripes damn it! *pounds on table again*

 

Maybe an updated yolk-less version of these?

 

usatsi_9651328_0.jpg?itok=QQJk1qL_&timestamp=1485534920

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

And hey god bless the Caps but can we please get some new uniforms tonight?? The Atlanta Falcon wannabee sleeve stripes can see the door.

 

Give me some horizontal stripes damn it! *pounds on table again*

 

Maybe an updated yolk-less version of these?

 

usatsi_9651328_0.jpg?itok=QQJk1qL_&timestamp=1485534920

 

 

 

Bring back the stars on the breezes/pants as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another draft hat finally leaks...

 

Except it's one nobody expected any change from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumor going around (and Devils fans are pissed) is that the Devils got rid of the horizontal stripes at the hem so that the jerseys looks unfinished and sort of like practice gear.

 

Can you imagine that? How dumb would that be?

 

If somebody actually recommended or approved that, I would literally recommend they be broken over the wheel. They gonna take pinstripes off the Yankees too?

 

Readying the pitchforks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Rumor going around (and Devils fans are pissed) is that the Devils got rid of the horizontal stripes at the hem so that the jerseys looks unfinished

 

Can you imagine that? How dumb would that be?

 

If somebody actually recommended or approved that, I would literally recommend they be broken over the wheel. They gonna take pinstripes off the Yankees too?

 

Readying the pitchforks.

 

That rumor was confirmed a few pages back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

 

That rumor was confirmed a few pages back.

 

Those things will never see the ice. Devils fans are still at war over changing their goal song. If they think they're going to force this empty crap down our throats they have another thing coming. Bring back the stripes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Roger Clemente said:

Another draft hat finally leaks...

 

Except it's one nobody expected any change from.

 

Gives credence to the idea that the draft hats are using sleeve stripes and that the Vegas jerseys will resemble the Coyotes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shachihoko said:

Some teams already have flag incorporated to their jersey:

 

Calgary

Colorado

Columbus
Nashville
Florida

Arizona (formerly) 

 

A bit misleading.

Aside from Calgary? Only Colorado used the actual flag as a logo. And even that's only on an alternate that's no longer being used. Their home and road look incorporate an element of the flag, but it's recoloured to match the uniform as a whole. 

 

Columbus, Nashville, Florida, and Arizona use(d) the state flags as design elements within actual logos. They didn't just slap the state flags on the sweaters and call it a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admittedly dont watch much hockey anymore but I am excited for the new jerseys! Sucks we have to wait sooo looong :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

A bit misleading.

Aside from Calgary? Only Colorado used the actual flag as a logo. And even that's only on an alternate that's no longer being used. Their home and road look incorporate an element of the flag, but it's recoloured to match the uniform as a whole. 

 

Columbus, Nashville, Florida, and Arizona use(d) the state flags as design elements within actual logos. They didn't just slap the state flags on the sweaters and call it a day.

I wouldn't mind if the Blue Jackets used the state flag of Ohio in place of the cannon logo on the shoulders. It's the best flag in the union and the colors would match. 

 

Like this, but better

Ohio_White_low.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This CBJ blog is guessing this will be the Jackets' adidas sweater

 

https://www.1stohiobattery.com/columbus-blue-jackets-news/2017/06/583/is-this-the-new-columbus-blue-jackets-home-jersey-from-adidas

 

Minimal updates to the shoulder stripes and the collar loses white. The collar change was confirmed in their first teaser. The stripes I guess we'll see. I don't like the collar without the white separating the red from the blue, but I can live with these changes. We still have yet to see the new number font looks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.