NHL 2017-18

Bmac

Yeah, I honestly really like the white numbers better. They kinda remind me of the Brees era Chargers numbers. So, that's 1 for 2?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Preds just went one step too far in simplifying things. It's not a disaster, but it could have been better. The Blues with white numbers is just weird weird weird.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Nashville - GOOD: Taking away the piping and blue (ahem) "fangs." BAD: Altering the striping and adding guitar strings on the arm numbers.

St. Louis - Nice that it's the exact same. The Adidas collar doesn't take away from too much here. White numbers look a little off for them, but not awful.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Just now, Sodboy13 said:

The Preds just went one step too far in simplifying things. It's not a disaster, but it could have been better. The Blues with white numbers is just weird weird weird.

A thin white stripe touching yellow is a bad move. Should have left the second blue stripe. 

And I don't want the Blues to look like the Chargers, I want the Blues to look like the Blues.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I guess I'm in the minority that prefers the new white numbers. It's weird but it goes with the rest of the jersey better. 

1-2 so far. 50% is a failing grade, but we still have 28 29 teams to go.

9 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I don't get the hate for Nashville. Aside from a few subtleties, it looks like Adidas took the Reebok jerseys and just removed the thing everybody hated. It's simple, but that's what's great about it. It's as it should be. 

You know, as much as I hated the Reebok "subtleties," I think it worked for Nashville. So seeing them left off hits me wrong, but I don't hate the jersey.

The Predators over-corrected. All they needed to do was lose the piping and lose those collarbone "fangs", but they took it too far. The new one looks like someone wearing a yellow tshirt over a long sleeve blue tshirt. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

The Most Exciting City in Hockey (trademark pending) just gave us The Most Boring Jerseys in Hockey (trademark also pending).

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

4 minutes ago, EichGOAT99 said:

Just remember no matter how disappointed you are today nothing will be as bad as the redesigns we saw when he league went to EDGE.

The best Adidas can do is not send teams backwards like Reebok did. So far sounds like only the Devils are heading in that direction.

1 minute ago, Zeus89725 said:

Now they're gonna be too heavy! How will they ever make it to the Final??

They've always had one shoulder patch with the yellow jerseys. I think they'll survive.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived