Bmac

NHL 2017-18

Higher quality image of the new Devils jersey

Edit: Fonz beat me

636335627550494940-2017-Devils-home-red-jersey.png

Edited by Chico

There's no matching red stripe on the hem. That's annoying. And wow, they do look like selectively washed out '94 Canucks, I see it now.

15 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

It looks okay, but I think they need to add red in two or more of the following places: crest, hem, collar. I wonder if they went through with whatever special fabric they were supposed to have?

2 minutes ago, fonz said:

ZyfONy7_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Downgrade but not bad.

Need a better image to see the gold detailing 

-fce3ea3b30f88330.JPG

2 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

It looks okay, but I think they need to add red in two or more of the following places: crest, hem, collar. I wonder if they went through with whatever special fabric they were supposed to have?

I was genuinely hoping they'd treat red like the Wild (with their green and new white) and Jets and mostly leave it out, but meh, alright.

3 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

I wonder if what's his name the owner saw the mesh on the shoulder thinking it was something cool and it turned out to just be what everyone has. 

Just now, Chico said:

-fce3ea3b30f88330.JPG

Oh, they're honoring the honoring the Newark Bulldogs by having a single black stripe at the hem? WELL THEN THAT MAKES IT ALRIGHT.

Sacrificing an identity with three championships to pay homage to a team that never won anything :rolleyes:

WHat's with the adidas circle logo on the bottom right side of the Devils' jersey?  Could that be why they don't have stripes?

EDIT: not sure if it's an adidas logo, but it's something.  

Just now, Chico said:

-fce3ea3b30f88330.JPG

Told ya that they went with the Rockies, but man, the rest of it is really stretching for a meaning, and all of it is garbage.

Someone said "the stripes pay tribute to the Hockey-Rockies" and I thought it was too stupid to even dignify with a joke but that's literally what they did. How 'bout it.

1 minute ago, hockey week said:

I was genuinely hoping they'd treat red like the Wild (with their green and new white) and Jets and mostly leave it out, but meh, alright.

I think the difference is having a color in the logo that's not in the uniforms vs. having a color on the uniforms that's not in the logo. Blackhawks, Jets, etc. I think usually work.