NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wally1912 said:

Looks the same. I assume numbers will be black and gold, no white middle outline.

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/nhl-and-adidas-unveil-the-boston-bruins-new-uniforms/c-290023504

cut.jpg

"In addition, the team updated both the home and away sock coloration to mimic the respective jersey sleeve striping pattern."

so road socks are different now too

1 minute ago, Wally1912 said:

Looks the same. I assume numbers will be black and gold, no white middle outline.

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/nhl-and-adidas-unveil-the-boston-bruins-new-uniforms/c-290023504

cut.jpg

Square yokes are fine but why are round yokes dying out? If you can't build a template to easily accommodate one, you shouldn't outfitting an entire professional hockey league, 

2 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Its always been that way. Because they have the 'VANCOUVER' script over the Orca, its typically been placed at the player's belly rather than their chest.

Im including the Vancouver as their logo. Even that is low.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

7 minutes ago, lafferty daniel said:

Here's a higher quality image of all the teams:

IMG_0241.JPG

Colorado is the big winner here (finally back to the mountain hem stripe!). I do think Carolina and St. Louis are significant upgrades as well.

I'd personally put Nashville is the strange category of being an upgrade, but still being a big disappointment. Getting rid of the Edge piping make it an upgrade, if nothing else. But the striping is significantly downgraded - I don't like the look of the white stripe directly up against the gold background at all. It's also bland up top - a navy yoke would do wonders for this jersey.

Minnesota? So close, yet so, so far. The chest stripe looks pretty bad, and adds little to the jersey. Replicating the sleeve stripes on the hem would've been much preferable. I hate how the red stripe doesn't continue onto the chest (though that may have muddled the beautiful logo.

Ottawa, Columbus, San Jose, Los Angeles, and Washington all missed a golden opportunity to move away from their awful Edge uniforms. A disappointment for all five of those. I was hoping to eradicate Edge once and for all.

I don't mind Boston's revised numbers, but I hate the black socks. I have a feeling those will almost as unpopular with New Englanders as the Red Sox's ill-fated blue-socks-on-road experiment back in 2009. (The only reason they wouldn't rise to the level of the Red Sox's blue socks is that the Bruins aren't named after their yellow socks.) I can only hope the Bruins' black socks are even more short lived.

New Jersey? Dumpster fire. The hideously large arm stripes, the lack of hem stripes... this is the most unnecessary downgrade in quite some time. They ditched a modern classic for unnecessary tweaks.

Well, it's a good thing the Devils don't have to care much about their fans being displeased by something, given their financial health and robust sellout streak!

(psst, hey Devils, your customers are telling you that you screwed up)

dev.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived