NHL 2017-18

Bmac

Not sure I understand all of the whining against the Devils new sweater, I really like it. I mean, it's a pretty conservative change compared to what they could've done to be honest. 

Vegas looks fine, except that giant look I swear looks like a create-a-team logo. It'll probably be like the Whalers logo in that I hate it now, but in 20 years it'll be a "Classic" when they're playing in Saskatoon.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts:

Colorado and Carolina both come to their senses at last. The Avs hit a home run and win the night by going back to a look they never should've departed from in the first place. Not only that, they cut down on the extraneous black and utilize more silver. The Hurricanes managed to stay neo-retro while bringing back the most identifiable element from their initial look (the warning flag stripe). I don't like that it's faded, nor do I like the absence of silver, but I hope that they fix that next year.

Say what you will about the goofy locale name, the frankly-redundant adjective, and the "meh" logo, but I've got to hand it to Las Vegas for using an unused base color (dark gray, IMO a long time coming in any of the Big 4 sports) and a classicly-designed, restrained color scheme. I might prefer that the Golden Knights use gray gloves instead of white and replace red with a deep red-orange or even purple, but it's only trim after all.

Not sure why Los Angeles dropped the hem stripe from their home look but the uniforms have enough going on on the sleeves so it kinda balances out. Similar to New Jersey, though not nearly as offensive. But the Devils really missed the boat on this one; either stick with what you've had since 1991, go full-stop to what you wore between 1982 and 1991, use the 1980s green set but with black (or even vice versa, the 1991-2016 set with green), but I could've set my watch to their uniforms until today. The worst part about the Devils' change is not what they came up with, it's the step down from what they had before.

Both national capitols should've done something but didn't. It's actually kinda fitting when you stop to think about it. Maybe next year, Sens and Caps...

St. Louis' switch from yellow numbers (yellow numbers that endured the Rbk Edge set, mind you) to white is slightly baffling, but I'm also pinning my hopes that the Blues rectify no later than next year.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

10 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

Thoughts:

Colorado and Carolina both come to their senses at last. The Avs hit a home run and win the night by going back to a look they never should've departed from in the first place. Not only that, they cut down on the extraneous black and utilize more silver. The Hurricanes managed to stay neo-retro while bringing back the most identifiable element from their initial look (the warning flag stripe). I don't like that it's faded, nor do I like the absence of silver, but I hope that they fix that next year.

Say what you will about the goofy locale name, the frankly-redundant adjective, and the "meh" logo, but I've got to hand it to Las Vegas for using an unused base color (dark gray, IMO a long time coming in any of the Big 4 sports) and a classicly-designed, restrained color scheme. I might prefer that the Golden Knights use gray gloves instead of white and replace red with a deep red-orange or even purple, but it's only trim after all.

Not sure why Los Angeles dropped the hem stripe from their home look but the uniforms have enough going on on the sleeves so it kinda balances out. Similar to New Jersey, though not nearly as offensive. But the Devils really missed the boat on this one; either stick with what you've had since 1991, go full-stop to what you wore between 1982 and 1991, use the 1980s green set but with black (or even vice versa, the 1991-2016 set with green), but I could've set my watch to their uniforms until today. The worst part about the Devils' change is not what they came up with, it's the step down from what they had before.

Both national capitols should've done something but didn't. It's actually kinda fitting when you stop to think about it. Maybe next year, Sens and Caps...

St. Louis' switch from yellow numbers (yellow numbers that endured the Rbk Edge set, mind you) to white is slightly baffling, but I'm also pinning my hopes that the Blues rectify no later than next year.

LA didn’t drop a hem stripe. The home black jersey never had one. 

IMG_0009.JPG

Archived