NHL 2017-18

Bmac

SI talking about the Devils
(Obviously not written by anyone here)

https://www.si.com/nhl/2017/06/21/devils-new-jerseys-uniforms-twitter-account-bio

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

"our uniforms are mostly the same the only difference is we made them worse!"

What did they think would happen? Their fans respond accordingly and rightfully and their response is "not in the fashion business". Yeah well your customers hate your new look so you better get in the fashion business and in a hurry or you're not gonna be selling a lot of new jerseys (lol).

Probably the worst response they could have put out on Twitter..."Don't blame us, we don't know!"...then :censored: it, hire someone who does know...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 hours ago, Ti-Nick said:

If the Wild had no half chest stripe and instead repeated the sleeve stripe on the hem, they would have, in my opinion, a top 5 look (with the away jersey). Maybe top 3.

I like the overall look, but yes, since it doesn't continue to the back, would have been better as a hemstripe.  And as they roads are already #1 in the NHL, they would for me be the very best.  But it does bring it down a notch.

For the Preds, that blue stripe on top of the white stripe on the sleeves and hem turned out to be incredibly important.  The jersey looks so plain without it, and the white stripe gets lost in the yellow jersey.  The jersey also needs some blue in the shoulders to not look empty up top.

On the NYR white jersey, I think that gray in the collar may just be a photoshop layer that someone forgot to color in.  Maybe also why it was deleted.  I'd bet on the real jersey it's red or possibly blue.

14 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

IMG_8794.GIF

The only thing I ever thought was wrong with the Caps' 90's set was the numbers. Other than that, the colors are great, the logo is strong and actually something representative of the nickname, and the uniform flowed well with said logo as it was designed to accompany it. It was and still is the best the Caps ever looked.

Compare that to a templated mess that says "capiLals" on the front, and something so garishly too 70's that it looks dug out of a time capsule that wasn't supposed to be opened until 2074 and also happens to say "capiLals" on the front. The choice is easy for me, blue/black/bronze eagle it is, and a million times over.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Excuse my poor drawing but I think the new Devils design would look 1000 times better with the hem stripe. I moved it down to the bottom just like the Colorado Rockies where the new striping pattern was inspired by. 

Scan 2017-6-21 19.30.35.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

Reviews of the home uniforms unveiled yesterday.  I'm not factoring in the collars since they are now standard.

Anaheim Ducks

No changes to a uniform that was terrible to begin with.  4/10.

Arizona Coyotes
Wasn't a fan of this uniform when it was first unveiled but it has really grown me.  Nice translation.  8/10.

Boston Bruins
The numbers are an improvement but the socks and shoulder yoke are a downgrade.  Still one of the leagues best.  9/10.

Buffalo Sabres
Losing the piping is monumental improvement.  If only they ditched the front numbers.  9/10.

Calgary Flames

I'm glad the piping's gone but side panels just do not belong on a hockey uniform.  Keeping the flags is beyond moronic.  3/10.

Carolina Hurricanes

Huge improvement over what preceded it but still a downgrade from their original set.  They also shouldn't have sublimated the warning flag pattern but I'm glad it's there 8/10

Chicago Blackhawks

Perfection as usual.  10/10

Colorado Avalanche
Beautiful uniform.  Replacing the white and black stripes with a solitary grey one was a stroke of brilliance.  I also really like the number treatment on the back.  Never change this uniform again.  This is quintessential Avalanche identity, not that bland, depressing alternate with the Rockies recolour. 10/10

Columbus Blue Jackets

Dull as paint.  5/10

Dallas Stars
Perfect translation of a perfect uniform.  10/10

Detroit Red Wings
Not crazy about this uniform but I still don't think it should ever change.  8/10

Edmonton Oilers

Going with Navy was definitely the right decision as was using dynasty striping.  Turned out better than I could have hoped, though I still prefer the old royal blues.  8/10

Florida Panthers

Hated it when it debuted, hate it still.  The military badges are moronic.  2/10

Los Angeles Kings

Should have fixed the hem stripe and gave us a primarily white version of the primary logo.  There just isn't enough contrast.  6/10.

Minnesota Wild

The scenery bear is front and center where it belongs and the new shoulder patch compliments it perfectly.  Great balance of modern and traditional aesthetics.  10/10

Montreal Canadiens

You just don't mess with the classics.  9/10

Nashville Predators

1 step forward, 1 step back.  Not bad but could have so much better 6/10

New Jersey Devils

Change for the sack of change.  Looks like a bad knockoff you'd find at walmart.  Terrible move.  3/10

New York Islanders
The sleeve stripes are no longer tapered.  As perfect as their classic look is going to get.  10/10

New York Rangers
See Montreal.  9/10

Ottawa Senators

I can't believe they actually translated this garbage template to the Adidas uniform.  Makes what the Flames unveiled seem like a masterstroke of design 0/10

Philadelphia Flyers
Looks like the numbers may now fit inside the sleeve stripes.  If that's the case, add a point.  9/10

Pittsburgh Penguins
Perfect yet again 10/10

San Jose Sharks

St Louis Blues

Perfect translation of another perfect uniform. 10/10

Tampa Bay Lightning
Would have been a perfect opportunity to add black to the logo and striping.  Never been a fan of this bland Leafs rip-off.  4/10

Toronto Maple Leafs

Could be better but still looks pretty nice.  8/10

Vancouver Canucks
Glad this didn't change.  It's perfect as is, even with the script.  10/10

Vegas Golden Knights

Washington Capitals
See Ottawa.  1/10

Winnipeg Jets
Perfect translation.  8/10

3 hours ago, insert name said:

Either have the original or red and white stripe collar but not this gray trim. Hopefully the removed tweet will lead a quick change. 

it takes 9 months for retailers to change clothing. I highly doubt they will change anything on a jersey for the season except numbering or lettering.

Archived