NHL 2017-18

Bmac

2 hours ago, NYYNYR said:

Have to say: Devils went all out for the 80's Retro Night yesterday. Fantastic stuff !

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nj-devils-retro-night-was-pure-amazing-nostalgic-joy-video-160911522.html

They put a lot of work into that.  Well done.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have a fanatics brand flex fit hat? I was wondering because I wear s/m in reebok and new era, m/l in zephyr. I have 7 1/4 head. There is no size chart for fanatics brand other than generic. I don't wanna buy l/lx or s, Oilers & Leafs hats w/o some sort of specifications. 

4 hours ago, BrianLion said:

If only the Caps still had their white throwbacks....

In due time.  I seriously think that will happen next year.  Heard something the other day when I was at their practice facility the other day and the rumour mill was it'll happen either next season or for the 2018-19 season. 

Take that with a grain of salt, though.

8 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

As a Flyers fan, I give them their due. That was fantastic! Bonus points for the NES 'Ice Hockey' segment. I'd buy that game with just those teams!

Loved the Ice Hockey and Streets of Rage clips.  I had Ice Hockey as a kid on my NES...can't find it for the life of me now though.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

10 hours ago, tohasbo said:

In due time.  I seriously think that will happen next year.  Heard something the other day when I was at their practice facility the other day and the rumour mill was it'll happen either next season or for the 2018-19 season. 

Take that with a grain of salt, though.

This is my fear with a lot of teams, like the Sens. They should have ample opportunity to switch to jerseys whose elements are already freakin' designed or in place, but we'll learn later that (for whatever reason) Adidas had to rush to fulfill team requests and full rebrands were postponed yet again. 

Again, this is just my theory, but it's based on the precedent that's been set in regard to jersey incompetence going on a decade. 

Teams like the Panthers and Leafs, my guess, decided to rebrand this year because maybe they were told they could only modify an existing design or place logos on preassembled Adidas templates.

I just have a feeling we're going to be served a diet of garbage by this jersey overhaul, and those teams that didn't switch over this current season will either regret it or end up not doing a full reboot until 2018.

14 hours ago, mightyduck said:

Streets of Rage clips.

Streets of Rage 2 was my favorite Sega Genesis game. I can't remember how many times I cut class (I was in High School at the time) to go home and play that game. My favourite character was Max Thunder. I even named my dog after him.

The Catch of the Day!

When talking about each team's home and away uniform.... (Alternates will not count on my list.)

Anaheim - KEEP

Arizona - KEEP

Boston - KEEP

Buffalo - KEEP

Calgary - 1981-94 set

Carolina - NEW

Chicago - KEEP

Colorado - 1995-2007 set

Columbus - NEW

Dallas - KEEP

Detroit - KEEP

Edmonton - KEEP

Florida - KEEP

Los Angeles - TWEAK 

Minnesota - TWEAK (bye Red homes)

Montreal - KEEP

Nashville - KEEP

New Jersey - KEEP but we all know they're getting new sets (Hope it looks good.)

NY Islanders - KEEP but home socks should look different

NY Rangers - KEEP

Ottawa - NEW

Philadelphia - KEEP

Pittsburgh - KEEP

San Jose - KEEP

Tampa Bay - 2001-07 set with 2007-11 logo

St. Louis - KEEP

Toronto - KEEP

Vancouver - TWEAK (New colors for orca - ditch navy and silver in favour of blue and green)

Vegas -  ?

Washington - 1976-95 set

Winnipeg - TWEAK

"The Sens have had identity problems since day one, when they decided not to leverage the historic brand they already had, said Spencer Callaghan, account director with communications agency Thornley Fallis and a longtime Senators fan who tweets under the handle @Senturion.

"The Roman theme was tangential to the name Senators at best, and had no relation to Ottawa as a city, or Senators as a hockey brand,' said Callaghan, a longtime critic of the team's marketing efforts.

This is all true, but it doesn't make the 2D centurion (or even the 1992-2007 version) bad. Done right, it can look dignified and timeless even without an explicit connection to Ottawa. The barberpoles are good, but the standalone capital O just doesn't do much for me. Hard to rally around an empty circle.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Centurion is stale but a Times New Roman 'O' on two stripes is brilliant.  The author completely missed the mark about the teams best, and yet to be used logo.  I'm glad there are no plans to make the simplistic, overrated, heritage uniform the basis for a new identity. The only thing fitting about that move would be the 'O' symbolizing zero cups.

36 minutes ago, Morgo said:

The Centurion is stale but a Times New Roman 'O' on two stripes is brilliant.  The author completely missed the mark about the teams best, and yet to be used logo.  I'm glad there are no plans to make the simplistic, overrated, heritage uniform the basis for a new identity. The only thing fitting about that move would be the 'O' symbolizing zero cups.

Funnily enough the O's actually connected to a couple Cups while the Roman theme just isn't ;)

38 minutes ago, Morgo said:

The only thing fitting about that move would be the 'O' symbolizing zero cups.

The Sens won zero Cups with the Centurion but the original Sens won several Cups with the =O=.

Nevertheless, I would be more than happy with the updated 2D logo than the Messier-glare 3D look.

I don't have an issue with the O.

They could possibly snaz it up slightly, and pick a better font... but if they wanted to ditch the vintage white but go full-time faux-barberpole, they'd look fantastic. They can always create a crest/shield logo but keep the O on the chest, Rangers style.

If you're really gonna do a good barberpole design, like what the 67s have, I'd just as soon have no crest at all and let the stripes carry the branding than have a stupid letter O.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived