NHL 2017-18

Bmac

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

2. The "scoop" on the bottom of the sleeve stripe seems to be more st a 90 degree angle than before. I think it should be more like a 65 or 75 degree. 

If there was ever any argument that we're too picky around here...

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, bigred5050 said:

I'm surprised by the lack of talk about the shoulder perforations...

DC43qlrXoAAincA.jpg:large

I need to see this in action first but I'm starting to think that maybe getting rid of royal blue was a bad idea. 

XM4KeeA.png

Has anyone noticed that when the Vegas uniform is shown in a well-lit room or natural sunlight, you can see another tone/layer appear from the armpit area? It also lights up the non-gold part of the knight helmet... Essentially, yes, the jersey is "storm gray," but you notice that there is actually a subtle yoke, with a lighter color than the main sweater. A color that then moves downward along the arm?

Image result for Vegas Golden Knights uniform

I can only describe as a purplish gray ??? The light has to hit it at the perfect angle, but has anyone else noticed this?

Wish I could find a good example for everyone. Suffice it to say that the Knights' jersey does seem to render in dramatically different ways in different lighting (moreso than other teams, I believe.) You could see it best on NHLNetwork when MAF was being interviewed by Weekes, but i can't find a good enough picture.

cut.jpeg

Then again, maybe the mesh material/color gets more easily infused with the background lighting than a typical sweater does...

It's just dramatic to me. I kinda like it, but it's not just the jersey is going lighter or darker depending on the lighting. I see it as a new shade. 

Image result for vegas golden knights fleury

One thing regarding the new collars I think I will like - and I guess we will have to wait for the jerseys to be in stores - but the collar should hopefully sit a little lower on your neck and hopefully won't get stained by sweat as much. I had to scotch guard my Tampa jersey to keep it from turning yellow (yeah, gross, I know):

tampabay.png?format=1500w

4 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Has anyone noticed that when the Vegas uniform is shown in a well-lit room or natural sunlight, you can see another tone/layer appear from the armpit area? It also lights up the non-gold part of the knight helmet... Essentially, yes, the jersey is "storm gray," but you notice that there is actually a subtle yoke, with a lighter color than the main sweater. A color that then moves downward along the arm?

I can only describe as a purplish gray ??? The light has to hit it at the perfect angle, but has anyone else noticed this?

Wish I could find a good example for everyone. Suffice it to say that the Knights' jersey does seem to render in dramatically different ways in different lighting (moreso than other teams, I believe.) You could see it best on NHLNetwork when MAF was being interviewed by Weekes, but i can't find a good enough picture.

cut.jpeg

Then again, maybe the mesh material/color gets more easily infused with the background lighting than a typical sweater does...

It's just dramatic to me. I kinda like it, but it's not just the jersey is going lighter or darker depending on the lighting. I see it as a new shade. 

Image result for vegas golden knights fleury

How many times do we have to go over this, different materials react to light differently. That is all you are seeing.

4 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

to me it was the differences between the meshes/materials, like the sometimes drastic color differences between different materials you see on the NFL uniforms.

new-york-jets-tickets.jpg.870x570_q70_cr

10 minutes ago, mmajeski06 said:

One thing regarding the new collars I think I will like - and I guess we will have to wait for the jerseys to be in stores - but the collar should hopefully sit a little lower on your neck and hopefully won't get stained by sweat as much. I had to scotch guard my Tampa jersey to keep it from turning yellow (yeah, gross, I know):

tampabay.png?format=1500w

I know we say it 100,000 times a year, but Tampa could really use some silver and black.  That logo is just really bare.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

All in all while I do think the Adidas jerseys are better than the Reebok ones (especially in terms of getting rid of that ugly apron stripe), they really have left me underwhelmed. Especially the collars. I prefer the V necks.

In regards to the individual teams. I'm disappointed Boston ditched their iconic yellow socks.

I'm disappointed that New Jersey ditched the hem stripes. Their jerseys look pretty plain now.

While Calgary does look alot sharper, ultimately its got too much black on it.

Colorado does look nicer but than again the only way to go is up.

I'm glad that Edmonton switched to orange (always loved the GULF gas company colors) but frankly its alittle to light. I was hoping for a darker shade.

I'm glad Minnesota went to a green jersey with the bear head logo on it, but they had to ruin it with that ugly belly stripe and those dopey M's on the shoulders. I'm also upset their home and away jerseys don't match. I like continuity and consistency when it comes to a teams identity which is why I hate mismatching jerseys. Was it really that hard for them to make a green version of their white jersey?

Don't like Washington's jersey.

Nashville looks so plain now

Don't like LA's white jersey

While I'm ecstatic about the Sharks putting that cool new shark logo on the jersey shoulders, I don't understand why they didn't put it on the whites. Again I don't like mismatched jerseys. Teams with different shoulder patches on their home and aways (San Jose, Minnesota and Arizona) bugs me.

Vegas does look pretty cool. I don't know about the red (frankly I think it sticks out like a sore thumb) and the grey helmets, but ultimately they do look sharp. I'm even digging the white gloves.

The Catch of the Day!

3 minutes ago, B-mer said:

so the Devils may also be slightly altering their gloves?  There are no black fingertips, which was a small detail i always liked for them. 

cut.png

Dude seems thrilled to don these monkey suits on a 90-degree day...

28 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

I'm sorry I let you down.

Its okay. Don't care is kinda the standard by which we all hope to live. To achieve such high levels of not caring. 

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

2 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Would like to see a striping pattern like this for the Lightning, to add in black and silver:

w37YYoT.png

That would be the best sweater they've ever worn, should they go down that path. 

8 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Would like to see a striping pattern like this for the Lightning, to add in black and silver:

w37YYoT.png

I like it,but I'd say make the oval silver and keep the lightning bolt white with a black outline.  

Just now, pepis21 said:

Minnesota Wild Away:

DC3dbikXsAEyjDt.jpg

So the sleeve numbers are outlined on this one, but not the home? If the team wanted single-color sleeve numbers, the away jersey would be the easiest jersey to do it on.

Archived