NHL 2017-18

Bmac

Just now, NYYNYR said:

Unpopular opinion: I really like their recent away (ducks)...but why does the logo look higher up and smaller than on the red?

It's probably lower because the home has laces, which take up some real estate for the logo. 

Their away was certainly the best of the last set. Wonder if the yoke still comes below the numbers. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, Carolina. You tease use with an amazing home sweater, and decide, eh... why not keep keep the away? TBH.... even adding the subtle Hurricane pattern to them would've been a a better move than this. But hey.... your loss. 

As for the Avs, the away really needs some blue. It's too bland without it. 

So were just waiting on the Oilers now..... 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

I can live with Colorado's new road but it's extremely disappointing considering how I thought it was going to look.  On the original set, the roads were the superior uniforms but on this new iteration, there's no doubt things have been reversed.

I get why Carolina kept the Road the same. It matches pretty closely. BUT they should have added the hurricane flag pattern to the hem stripe...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

56 minutes ago, insert name said:

Yeah but it's still miles better than before. We could've have an Ottawa and Washington scenario with this team.

Yep. I can stomach it for a year (as the general consensus seems to be that some teams may tweak or change after Year 1 of Adidas). But I'll take this 10 times out of 10 over what they had before.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

45 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Unpopular opinion: I really like their recent away (ducks)...but why does the logo look higher up and smaller than on the red?

The lace up collar is making the logo look higher, and a predominately red logo on a red background will look smaller

7 hours ago, NYYNYR said:

Are you sure, @WSU151 ? It doesn't look like it, and they've taken the logo sheet I posted down from their website... just saying.

You can see for yourself, here: https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/team/logos

I could be wrong, but I think the greenish gray was only ever an issue translating between different color systems.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

It's not completely gone, it's just a lot smaller and less noticeable now

IMG_3654.PNG

IMG_3655.JPG

...and every team's hem stripes follow the contour of hem.  Which eliminates the look of curved stripes (especially on actual players in motion).  I've been saying this since 2007.  I hated teams that insisted on the stripes being straight (including my Bruins).  It was a square peg in a round hole...

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

59 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Maybe the kid is wearing some sort of old template or prototype...

https://twitter.com/Avalanche?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Looks a lot cleaner than the smock he's rocking.

The jersey given to the draft pick had the exact same jersey, with black letters and black numbers outlined in silver on the back.  Numbers on the sleeves are indeed white outlined in blue.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived