NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa Bay's look for some reason has grown on me through the years, I guess with their arena finally getting new lighting the past few seasons making that blue really pop. I still think it can use some black on them but otherwise they're a lot better than I thought they were when they first came out.

When they're not playing the Leafs, of course

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

DDCfhxDXYAQ4LS-.thumb.jpg.42b76953dfd30ac570d5c9e41e97ee2e.jpg

WTF WHY

You do a nice job of redesigning your red unis, you go through the trouble of taking the stripes from the white jersey and change the proportions a little bit, basically setting up a really good white jersey Matching everything from the reds and then you don't touch your old away uniforms. It's a big "should we match the old whites with the new reds? ehhh close enough" from Carolina here. Now you have two sort of similar uniforms that are fine, but as a set they look like they gave the same set of instructions to two different designers and had them design the jerseys in separate rooms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Blackhawks' jersey at tonight's draft still has two-layer sewn twill numbering, not the single-layer screened stuff.

IMG_20170623_220146.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

and the Avs roadies are not at all what I would've hoped either. Blue is basically absent. That's a bummer. Now they have the same problem they've had since day one - in the dark jerseys they're a burgundy, blue, black, and silver team. On the road they're a white, burgundy, black, and silver team. They still have one too many colors. I'd eliminate black and roll with royal blue pants and helmets. 

Black numbers with a silver outline that ignore the rest of your better colors - what'd you do, ask your neighbors the Rockies how to stylize a number? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Avs and Canes road uniforms are perhaps the two most inferior to the homes in the NHL.  Canes should have matched the homes and Avs fell into the underuse of a color trend.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

24 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Sabres are saying lettered authentics are 249 in the store, and lettered replicas are 189.

Looks like the authentics are reasonable, at least compared to the replicas.

That's because the authentics aren't authentic. They're made in Indonesia, not Canada. You're paying $60 more for embroidered shoulder patches, adidas branding, and a fight strap.

If you're buying a Sabres jersey, you're paying $60 more for only those last two things.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

4 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

That's because the authentics aren't authentic. They're made in Indonesia, not Canada. You're paying $60 more for embroidered shoulder patches, adidas branding, and a fight strap.

no change from reebok though.

Yes, it sucks. And they're "authentic," but my memory has the reebok "authentics" being a lot more than that.

Ill have to judge when im there. Nothing beats my team issued slug though, for 25 at the sabres store clearance

EDIT: the fanatics replicas look like crap, i think. Sooo either an "authentic" or nothing for how ill go. unless in person fanatics looks nice

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

13 minutes ago, bowld said:

Adidas is selling 2 different kinds of authentic jerseys. A replica of the on ice Jersey and an authentic on ice version 

First I'm hearing about this. Any sources on it for the good of all?

Glad to hear it, don't get me wrong, but 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

4 minutes ago, bowld said:

I could be wrong but swore I read that there are 3 versions. 

1 branded by fanatics which is a replica

1 adidas authentic made in Indonesia 

1 adidas on ice authentic made in Canada 

This was posted over at HFBoards:

1) Adizero Breakaway Jersey ($130)
- Replaces existing Reebok Premier jersey
- Thinner, lighter stretch fabric
- Sublimated logo patch, stitched to jersey
- Has Fanatics branding on the front, similar to the Reebok Premier

2) Retail 'Authentic' Jersey ($180)
- Heavier weight than replica jersey, but not on-ice weight
- Full embroidered logo
- Fight strap
- Anti-counterfeit smart tag (NFC? RFID?)

3) On-Ice Authentic Jersey ($300?)
- Same price point as the Reebok Edge authentic
- What you see on the ice
- No anti-counterfeit smart tag

6 minutes ago, Danny said:

This was posted over at HFBoards:

1) Adizero Breakaway Jersey ($130)
- Sublimated logo patch, stitched to jersey

Well, I hope this doesn't mean the front crest, but it probably does. Reebok/adidas has been sitting on this idea since 2006, but backed off of it last time.

Wow... I was REALLY in to the Avs and Canes home sweaters but both of them kind of dropped the ball with the roads, just downgrades the set as a whole.

edit: does anyone have any good pictures of the under-arm design of the Senators? It looks even worse now, from the images I've seen (was that even possible??), due to the way the white patch abruptly ends near the under-arm. The white under-arm panel used to be attached to the black panel coming up from under the sleeves. I don't know if we have enough good pictures to even properly discuss this. The all-black collar and block number design for them are decent improvements I'd say, but i think they somehow downgraded the old abstract edge template

Archived