Bmac

NHL 2017-18

45 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I can't hold the Kings' piping against the Edge design aesthetic. "Piping" when referring to the Edge uniforms usually refers to the "Bettman stripes" aka "piping to nowhere" aka "apron striping."

See Atlanta, Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton, Florida, Nashville, and St. Louis for examples of that sort of piping from the original Edge class.

LA's piping, on the other hand, actually has a bit of history behind it. It's the sleeve-lenth yoke design, which has been around for decades at this point.

LA's current look even has echoes of one of their earlier looks.

Anaheim, Atlanta/Winnipeg, Colorado (past and present), Boston, Calgary, Columbus (past and present), Dallas, Nashville, the Rangers, Philadelphia (past and present), and Toronto have all used one or both of the elements the Kings currently use over the past (nearly) fifty years.

So no. I don't consider the piping the Kings use to be endemic of bad Edge design. It's a traditional hockey look.

This is quite the reach. The old-school Kings sweaters you're comparing the current look to have more in common with the Flyers than the current look. Notice how the yokes on those sweaters curve at the ends, are filled in with color and aren't interrupted by sleeve stripes. They also have thick outlines, not thin piping. They don't resemble the current Kings look at all.

Piping is fine if it's actually useful to a design. It's completely useless on the Kings' sweaters, though. It adds nothing and most people probably wouldn't even notice if it were gone. Add in the gratuitous contrasting armpits, and it's obvious that the Kings were hopping on Reebok's fads while pretending to go "back to their roots." It's a compromise that just looks like a jumbled mess.

A good look at how the blue in the numbers interacts with the burgandy and silver of the sleeves...

6 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

These Kings uniforms were actually designed well IMO. No inconsistent piping, no weird Edge blotches on the underarms and sides, and a traditional look. While Kings fans might not like their previous color palette (and the fact that they look like the Sacramento Kings), this was the one time Reebok didn't completely f*** up.

Those weren't as good as the pre-Edge set, which in turn wasn't as good as the 1980s set. Getting rid of the hem stripes, double outlines on the yokes, and purple alternate were big mistakes on Reebok's part.

Still, they're a damn sight better than the garbage that the Kings are wearing now.

1 minute ago, Lights Out said:

Those weren't as good as the pre-Edge set, which in turn wasn't as good as the 1980s set. Getting rid of the hem stripes, double outlines on the yokes, and purple alternate were big mistakes on Reebok's part.

Still, they're a damn sight better than the garbage that the Kings are wearing now.

I respectfully disagree. 

The Kings' first Edge set was dark and lifeless and looked like a mediocre Sacramento Kings-NHL crossover concept you'd see here. 

The current set is flawed (pick a damn lane with the hem stripes and go with it!) but is still a much more vibrant uniform. 

17 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

This is quite the reach. The old-school Kings sweaters you're comparing the current look to have more in common with the Flyers than the current look. Notice how the yokes on those sweaters curve at the ends, are filled in with color and aren't interrupted by sleeve stripes. They also have thick outlines, not thin piping. They don't resemble the current Kings look at all.

Piping is fine if it's actually useful to a design. It's completely useless on the Kings' sweaters, though. It adds nothing and most people probably wouldn't even notice if it were gone. Add in the gratuitous contrasting armpits, and it's obvious that the Kings were hopping on Reebok's fads while pretending to go "back to their roots." It's a compromise that just looks like a jumbled mess.

My point is that sleeve-length piping isn't a Reebok Edge foible. It's a tried and true hockey design.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:
A good look at how the blue in the numbers interacts with the burgandy and silver of the sleeves...

Yeah, poorly. Needs a silver outline.

That white Vegas sweater has grown on me to the point I actually prefer it over the gray. Anyone else? 

According to coolhockey - 

We reached out to Adidas in regards to the on-ice (Made in Canada) Authentic jersey. They are only available to Equipment Managers and no one else. There was never any option to buy for any retailers (including official team stores)

Looks like it's either fanatics replica or adidas indo authentic for us fans

49 minutes ago, bowld said:

We reached out to Adidas in regards to the on-ice (Made in Canada) Authentic jersey. They are only available to Equipment Managers and no one else. There was never any option to buy for any retailers (including official team stores)

But even stores like coolhockey, River City Sports, SportsK, Lids, Footlocker/Champs/Eastbay, et al can't sell Fanatics, right?  Is Fanatics going to distribute to all the other usual jersey stores?   Is there a shipping issue with Fanatics and Canada?

59 minutes ago, bowld said:

Adidas is a garbage brand, first they destroyed the NBA with awful designs and sleeved jerseys, now they turn to hockey and do the same thing. 

After seeing the Golden Knights uniforms, the detail on the logo brings it from a 4 to a 7 out of 10 in my books. Really makes it pop. 

1 hour ago, bowld said:

Well. That eats ass.

3 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

I don't like the red on Vegas.

The red is used perfectly as an accent color only. The whole color palette is excellent. Credit to the design team for putting together a magnificently looking graphite jersey. Some can't even pull it off with red, white, and blue. They did it with grey and yellow.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Avs vs Canes match ups are going to be visually stunning, jersey aesthetic wise. Also Avs vs Stars, vs Golden Knights, vs Oilers, just to name a few more examples.

And also...is the unmatching home & road fad a thing for the Minnesota Wild? Has it become their thing or are they just too ignorant to match the sets better?

1 hour ago, Surf said:

Adidas is a garbage brand, first they destroyed the NBA with awful designs and sleeved jerseys, now they turn to hockey and do the same thing. 

Adidas has it problems but the only thing they did that was bad with these new uniforms was the collars, anything else I blame the teams for making poor design choices since it seems like they went to adidas for the changes not the other way around

14 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

And also...is the unmatching home & road fad a thing for the Minnesota Wild? Has it become their thing or are they just too ignorant to match the sets better?

I think that's been their rationale since they updated the roads the last time

I think instead of red, they should make that stripe many different colors to represent Las Vegas

05d43802283fbdea4e3b68f77f92353b.jpg

20 minutes ago, Ark said:

I think instead of red, they should make that stripe many different colors to represent Las Vegas

No thanks.

29 minutes ago, Ark said:

05d43802283fbdea4e3b68f77f92353b.jpg

Oh man... that's bright. That city is too bright.

Their goal horn should be the slot machine jackpot sound.