NHL 2017-18

Bmac

On 6/24/2017 at 2:27 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

Still no pictures of the Oilers roads? 

Nope.

Are they making last second changes or something? How do they know people aren't going to like it, if nobody had a chance to see it?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Nope.

Are they making last second changes or something? How do they know people aren't going to like it, if nobody had a chance to see it?

They can't make last second changes. There's already warehouses full of sweaters ready to be shipped and sold. The designs, for better or worse, are locked in.

My guess is the Oilers whites will be these with navy blue in place of royal blue. 

connor_mcdavid_edmonton_040916.jpg

But I could also see a reality where their stripes are orange - white - navy - white - orange in an inverse of the stripes on the new orange jerseys. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Um, guys? Need we remember what they wore at home the last time they wore the oranges full-time?

CY5SCuXUsAIGDW0.jpg

EdmontonOilers74-75.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

11 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Shop.NHL.com now sells fidget spinners.

Just thought you should know.

Maybe it's a sign that I'm getting old, but I just don't get fidget spinners (and I have ADD), or why they are everywhere. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 hour ago, nash61 said:

Um, guys? Need we remember what they wore at home the last time they wore the oranges full-time?

CY5SCuXUsAIGDW0.jpg

EdmontonOilers74-75.jpg

That'd make some sense if they had made the throwbacks they wore in the playoffs the full-timers, but they came out with a new uniform entirely. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

24 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

That'd make some sense if they had made the throwbacks they wore in the playoffs the full-timers, but they came out with a new uniform entirely. 

There's a chance the roads will have an orange yoke outlined in navy, if they decide to base it on the throwback. If they use a navy yoke, it will look a lot like Buffalo, in a way. I'd go with orange. 

1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Maybe it's a sign that I'm getting old, but I just don't get fidget spinners (and I have ADD), or why they are everywhere. 

It will soon go away, It´s just a fad, like Pokemon last year, and competitiveness in the NBA 

xw587iV.jpg

One thing that has changed on the Canucks uniform is the socks. Now they have thin white stripes to match the jersey. I'm not a fan of these proportions. To me they have this bad 70's kind of look. The 3rd jersey stripes look so much better.

23 minutes ago, uniformity said:

xw587iV.jpg

One thing that has changed on the Canucks uniform is the socks. Now they have thin white stripes to match the jersey. I'm not a fan of these proportions. To me they have this bad 70's kind of look. The 3rd jersey stripes look so much better.

I'm not a fan of the new socks but the third jersey stripes are infinitely worse. The smaller amount of green being bordered by blue just turns it into a muddy mess. Combining that with the different stripe proportions and it becomes almost undetectable at a distance, which makes it look like a Maple Leafs jersey.  

3 hours ago, Surf said:

It will soon go away, It´s just a fad, like Pokemon last year

Pokemon will never go away, for better or worse.

15 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Shop.NHL.com now sells fidget spinners.

Just thought you should know.

I like how there are a bunch of teams left out but they feel the need to sell no less than three Pens versions.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

37 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

Pokemon will never go away, for better or worse.

I like how there are a bunch of teams left out but they feel the need to sell no less than three Pens versions.

I'm just shocked that a product with a lot of teams not represented has the Predators. Usually, we're one of four teams they just don't make the product for.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Just now, daniel75 said:

Have we found out why the Knights logo no longer appears to have the teal in it. Not on the jerseys or merchandise that I've seen.

I was asking this a few pages back, too. Dunno, but I would like to !!! 

It definitely went from a dark tealish grey to just a flat grey... I was told that the teal was still there, but again, look carefully. Under no lighting does it look even remotely teal. 

Archived