NHL 2017-18

Bmac

2 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I'm not a fan of the new socks but the third jersey stripes are infinitely worse. The smaller amount of green being bordered by blue just turns it into a muddy mess. Combining that with the different stripe proportions and it becomes almost undetectable at a distance, which makes it look like a Maple Leafs jersey.  

The jerseys as a whole suck but at least with the new socks all the proportions are consistent. What Vancouver needs to is model a set after Utica's green jerseys. Get rid of the white yoke and hems while slapping the "Johnny Canuck V" on the front and you got yourself the start to a nice identity they can stick to.

Image result for utica comet greens

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tanny81 said:

The jerseys as a whole suck but at least with the new socks all the proportions are consistent. What Vancouver needs to is model a set after Utica's green jerseys. Get rid of the white yoke and hems while slapping the "Johnny Canuck V" on the front and you got yourself the start to a nice identity they can stick to.

Those jerseys, to me, are NHL-caliber. 

1 hour ago, NYYNYR said:

I was asking this a few pages back, too. Dunno, but I would like to !!! 

It definitely went from a dark tealish grey to just a flat grey... I was told that the teal was still there, but again, look carefully. Under no lighting does it look even remotely teal. 

I find that the teal clashes badly with the other accent colors. Teal, red, gold, and black screams mid-90s, see the Birmingham Barracudas. What they went with is a moderate shade of graphite accentuated with some black and accents consisting of bright colors. The designers might have had to readjust the shades 100 times to get it just right, which they did. As a result, it just looks beautiful. They made the right call, color wise.

1 hour ago, NYYNYR said:

I was asking this a few pages back, too. Dunno, but I would like to !!! 

It definitely went from a dark tealish grey to just a flat grey... I was told that the teal was still there, but again, look carefully. Under no lighting does it look even remotely teal. 

I'm gonna say it was a last minute change.

5 hours ago, Tanny81 said:

There is something about Utica's green uniforms that would really work as the Canucks' primary look. The Canucks could be Canada's green team. The white yokes can represent the snow on the North Shore mountains. 

20150919_100229.jpg

On 6/24/2017 at 3:20 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Their goal horn should be the slot machine jackpot sound. 

David Perron IS Mr. Jackpots!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

10 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Pokemon will never go away, for better or worse.

I like how there are a bunch of teams left out but they feel the need to sell no less than three Pens versions.

Not even  Pokemon Go? Been awhile since we heard about people getting killed while chasing them, 

5 hours ago, Surf said:

Not even  Pokemon Go? Been awhile since we heard about people getting killed while chasing them, 

They're still out there. Not in the numbers they were, but I can think of seven people, off the top of my head, who still play.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Teal?! 

Paging @ColorWerx - can we get a ruling from the booth vis-a-vis the Golden Knights' gray?

Again, you'd have to do a side-by-side comparison between what we saw 6 months ago from their website (an extremely dark teal-grey) and what we have today (a graphite color). You won't find teal in the color they eventually chose. You will get hints of brighter colors (as someone just noted) when the light hits it at the right angle. 

16 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Pokemon will never go away, for better or worse.

So, since we're sorta on the topic of Pokémon, I think we need to figure out who all plays and is into the competitive scene (something I've been trying to get into for awhile) 

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I've learned that you can't trust photographs.  Colors can appear very different under different lighting conditions and in different media.

I'll believe that they changed the color when ColorWerx tells me they did.

Can you trust this, which no longer appears on the VGK website?

vegas3.JPG

2 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Can you trust this, which no longer appears on the VGK website?

Nope.  

If their designer used the wrong color profile when creating that graphic, the colors would not display properly.  And such an error would be perfectly in keeping with the team's pattern to date.

Cx606biVQAAdQtW.jpg

20 minutes ago, Heitert said:

So, since we're sorta on the topic of Pokémon, I think we need to figure out who all plays and is into the competitive scene (something I've been trying to get into for awhile) 

Also, does anyone remember last year when NHL teams were partaking in the Pokémon Go craze? So many angry butthurt Facebook comments declaring that it was "ruining hockey!!" despite lasting for little more than a couple weeks and having no impact on the on-ice product whatsoever because it was the offseason.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

A subtle shade of green like in the graphic NYYNYR just posted would have done wonders for their identity.  Don't get me wrong, what they have now turned out great but some added colour would have improved things and green is underused.  Reminds me of the situation the Ducks were in back in 2006 when they chickened out on their proposed scheme with the forest and copper.

There's never been a team that used grey as their primary color before.

I think LA can use an upgraded logo to help set them apart even more from Vegas, who also use mainly a black shield. The Kings home plate shield is generic. It's not ugly. It's just that I think it needs a little something more.

Archived