NHL 2017-18

Bmac

On 6/28/2017 at 8:53 AM, speedy said:

You're right, they're going to look terrible. BU does white gloves and they are really mucked up by the end of the season. Here's a shot after about 40 or so games...

66241bf0-ae74-11e5-8933-0d37a12ff441_GettyImages-469431068.jpg

Most NHL players don't wear the same set of gloves all season, most wear multiple sets, so I wouldn't worry about them getting 40 games of use like they do in the NCAA.  

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like the white gloves, in theory.

but the home jersey being basically devoid of white makes them stand out in a bad way. just a single white stripe somewhere would fix that.

i'd recommend wearing black (or gold) helmets instead of slate, and black gloves. the more black they use, the more the slate grey would stand out. if you have too much slate and no black, you can't tell it isn't just all faded black....

but that's just my two cents.

I’m shocked there hasn’t been talk of the significance of when Florida and Vegas match up.

The battle of owners who are so obsessed with their military backgrounds that they play dress up with their players.

VmWIn6B.png

I love Florida's crest on the away jersey where it reads "Florida" over the panther logo.  The home where it reads "Panthers" over the panther logo is redundant.

As for Vegas, I like the gray helmets with the gray jersey.  It lightens up the look a bit I think.  I don't like the white gloves with either set, though.  I'd go black gloves with either a gold or gray cuff roll and gold or gray (different from cuff roll color) brand logo.

Speaking of helmet colors, I really wish Colorado took this opportunity to change their black helmets and pants.  Maroon helmets and pants would look so much better.  Typically I don't like it when the jersey, pants, and socks are all the same color, but their blue is too light to use as a pants color.

3 hours ago, LMU said:

The battle of owners who are so obsessed with their military backgrounds that they play dress up with their players.

Do the Ducks look different enough from their Burke-era set to disqualify them from the same distinction? 

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Why is it taking forever for the Oilers & Preds to reveal their new road jerseys??

According to my source, who bats about .650, on these kinds of things, the Preds are trying to save the release for something "big," happening soon. Wouldn't/couldn't specify, beyond that.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

34 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

According to my source, who bats about .650, on these kinds of things, the Preds are trying to save the release for something "big," happening soon. Wouldn't/couldn't specify, beyond that.

If the Preds' new road jersey is anything like their new home jersey, stating that they're waiting for something "big" doesn't seem like a good way to manage expectations. Unless they're hoping that that something "big" will overshadow how boring their new uniform set is.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

4 hours ago, Mingjai said:

If the Preds' new road jersey is anything like their new home jersey, stating that they're waiting for something "big" doesn't seem like a good way to manage expectations. Unless they're hoping that that something "big" will overshadow how boring their new uniform set is.

Duchene or Thornton?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

20 hours ago, bowld said:

Home needs a Black helmet

Counterpoint:  We complain all the time when teams follow a template or do the same old look owith things like dark helmet, and breezers, etc.  Then teams like Arizona, Nashville, and now Vegas buck that trend, and we complain they dont follow the template. 

Archived