NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's interesting about the Knights' helmet is that it is truly a new color. No company has had a grey helmet like that available in the past. Alas, if it hits retail it won't be until '18 at the earliest, not showing up in any sell sheet or B2B resource right now. 

1 hour ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

You know the GOLDEN seals had white skates. The New York GOLDEN Blades had white skates (WHA)

555f93f77f8aa77b480b444eb7c11714.jpg

so why not the GOLDEN knights?

I had no idea the "New York Golden Blades" were a team. I just looked it up...they relocated to NJ and became the JERSEY KNIGHTS :lol:

3 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Counterpoint:  We complain all the time when teams follow a template or do the same old look owith things like dark helmet, and breezers, etc.  Then teams like Arizona, Nashville, and now Vegas buck that trend, and we complain they dont follow the template. 

Counter-counterpoint: Can you cite any one poster holding both of those opinions?

11 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Counter-counterpoint: Can you cite any one poster holding both of those opinions?

you really need to me to cite someone complaining about teams either using a templated look or recreating existing styles? ("O6" dress-up for instance)

3 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

you really need to me to cite someone complaining about teams either using a templated look or recreating existing styles? ("O6" dress-up for instance)

I'm sure there are people who blast anything new and I'm sure there are people who blast anything that's too conservative.

My only point is that I haven't seen too many people bash the Knights' grey helmets while also complaining about no one doing anything new. That would hypocritical, of course. I'm just not sure that poster exists. 

I mean I would prefer the Knights in black helmets and black and grey gloves myself. I'm also pretty traditional in my hockey aesthetic preferences. So there's consistency there.

Yeah I don't get why people treat wearing white ice skates as a transgression on par with wearing underpants on your head. Shoes and cleats are usually white or black. They're not out there in Nikefied neon green and peach or something.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Counterpoint:  We complain all the time when teams follow a template or do the same old look owith things like dark helmet, and breezers, etc.  Then teams like Arizona, Nashville, and now Vegas buck that trend, and we complain they dont follow the template. 

Gosh, it's almost as though this board was populated by a large and varied group of posters who don't all share the same opinions.  

On 6/26/2017 at 5:59 PM, NYYNYR said:

I was asking this a few pages back, too. Dunno, but I would like to !!! 

It definitely went from a dark tealish grey to just a flat grey... I was told that the teal was still there, but again, look carefully. Under no lighting does it look even remotely teal. 

On 6/26/2017 at 7:32 PM, habsfan1 said:

I find that the teal clashes badly with the other accent colors. Teal, red, gold, and black screams mid-90s, see the Birmingham Barracudas. What they went with is a moderate shade of graphite accentuated with some black and accents consisting of bright colors. The designers might have had to readjust the shades 100 times to get it just right, which they did. As a result, it just looks beautiful. They made the right call, color wise.

On 6/26/2017 at 7:34 PM, daniel75 said:

I'm gonna say it was a last minute change.

I’ve told you guys this from the day the team released its identity. The grey has always been the same. A neutral, dark grey. Always trust merchandise over web images because those are printed with proper spot colors. The merchandise that came out the day the logos were released showed the proper grey, but it took you guys until now to give up the teal myth, and you’re still on the conspiracy wagon trying to insinuate that they changed it between then and now. :-)

On 6/27/2017 at 11:13 PM, Shachihoko said:

Here's some more images I found with a better view of the action, the logo on the practice jersey...

hmm.. those white gloves will grow on me... Against the grey jersey, I think it look sharp and pretty cool.  

IMG_7112.JPG

IMG_7113.JPG

IMG_7114.JPG

IMG_7115.JPG

I think the reason it looks great here is because it complements the white helmet and the predominantly white jersey graphic very well. The home uniform has neither of those, unfortunately.

The original plan was grey and gold gloves at home. Gold gloves would be interesting, but I’m not a big fan of white gloves on this home uniform. Love them on the road, though.

Also, not sure if it’s been discussed, but the filigree embroidered in the crest and debossed on the sleeves is sagebrush, one of Nevada’s state floral symbols.

5FC6C386-EBFB-40DD-8CF9-04B982C47717-7504-000008001411F170.jpeg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

While I am not really a fan of much about the Vegas identity, props to them for trying new things in a sport where fans (myself included) cling to tradition and are afraid to see things look different and crazy.

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I’ve told you guys this from the day the team released its identity. The grey has always been the same. A neutral, dark grey. Always trust merchandise over web images because those are printed with proper spot colors. The merchandise that came out the day the logos were released showed the proper grey, but it took you guys until now to give up the teal myth, and you’re still on the conspiracy wagon trying to insinuate that they changed it between then and now. :-)

I still think it was a last minute adjustment before going to merchandise,jersey etc.

9 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

I still think it was a last minute adjustment before going to merchandise,jersey etc.

Feel free to think that, but just be aware that you are 100% incorrect. :-)

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I know photoshopping players headshots with their new jersey happens all the time nowadays, but did anyone else find it weird knowing that every single one showed today had jerseys that the player would never wear in a game? Especially since every team's collar was completely different?

Archived