NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone tell me if Adidas plans on selling replica jerseys next season in the vein of the Reebok premier? Or if the only options are Fanatics "Long sleeve T" quality replicas and expensive Adidas authentics? I ask this because I'm debating buying an Reebok jersey from last year, because i want an Orange Oilers jersey, but the sale price isn't super enticing right now and I like the new ones enough to consider paying similar to what a Rbk premier with a NOB would cost regularly. None of the Fanatics or Adidas authentic options are too inspiring to me at all.

7 hours ago, dont care said:

Adidas will have replicas too, just fanatics has first dibs on special jerseys like say a rookie goes off and has a hat trick, then fanatics has the rights and ability to make that players jerseys.

I've not read this elsewhere.  Adidas will have the less-than-authentic authentics, but nothing like Premier replicas.  Fanatics will be on the tag of the replicas.  Fanatics has the rights for all players in the NHLPA no matter how many goals they score.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The shoulder patches had better be embroidered this time around.  Those cheap plastic ones the edge replica's used were unforgivable, especially when you factor in the markup on the price.  They were often the difference between a purchase and a pass.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Adidas will have replicas too, just fanatics has first dibs on special jerseys like say a rookie goes off and has a hat trick, then fanatics has the rights and ability to make that players jerseys.

No, they will not. 

2 hours ago, dont care said:

That is incorrect.

Reebok had three tiers of jerseys available to the public: the Premier replicas, the Indonesian "authentics" (the so-called "Indo-Edges") and the Canadian-made authentics, which were basically identical to the on-ice jerseys with a few small differences.

Adidas will also have two tiers of jerseys available to the public: the Fanatics replicas and the Indonesian-made "authentics." The Canadian-made authentics have already been confirmed by multiple sources to not be available for public sale.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, CRichardson said:

That is incorrect.

Reebok had three tiers of jerseys available to the public: the Premier replicas, the Indonesian "authentics" (the so-called "Indo-Edges") and the Canadian-made authentics, which were basically identical to the on-ice jerseys with a few small differences.

Adidas will also have two tiers of jerseys available to the public: the Fanatics replicas and the Indonesian-made "authentics." The Canadian-made authentics have already been confirmed by multiple sources to not be available for public sale.

That's so LAME!!!!

XM4KeeA.png

2 hours ago, CRichardson said:

That is incorrect.

Adidas won't have two available. 

Fanatics will have one, and adidas will have one. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 7/5/2017 at 2:18 PM, B-mer said:

Some interesting information I happened upon over at hfboards' Devils board.  Someone posted this information on what's going on with them...  They found this on Reddit, so take if for what it's worth.

EDIT:  Another post in the same thread referred to a podcast about speaking about the new uniforms and that Adidas asked the Devils if there were main design elements that were MUST HAVES and the only parts they were told were logo and shoulders. 

to me, it makes sense.  After reading this I thought back to the Devils' release images with the explanations for different elements of the new uniform, and it gave me the impression that someone at Adidas, maybe without much of a sense of the Devils organization looked at Wikipedia for the history of the franchise and pulled those random elements they point out.  So yeah, the Scouts moved to become the Rockies who moved to become the Devils, but really, the Devils are their own organization and perhaps until recently, never really associated with the Scouts or Rockies as part of their history.  Maybe that's just me though. 

One, the outfitters don’t tell the teams what to do with their brands.

Two, the briefs and inspiration come from the teams, not the manufacturers.

On 7/5/2017 at 7:10 PM, DIYsportsguy said:

The back numbers appear to be the same shape as the middle layer of a 3 colour number, similar to the Canadiens' homes. The arms look like a new font, but I'm not positive.

Any change to the numbers is to accommodate the perforations, but keeping the proportions of the old numbers in mind.

5 hours ago, Morgo said:

The shoulder patches had better be embroidered this time around.  Those cheap plastic ones the edge replica's used were unforgivable, especially when you factor in the markup on the price.  They were often the difference between a purchase and a pass.

Some of the new patches on the authentics are woven, and some are embroidered just as they were (up to the team), but the quality of the replica is up to whomever is producing it. 

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Adidas won't have two available. 

Fanatics will have one, and adidas will have one. 

That's what I said. For public sale, there will be the Fanatics replicas and the Adidas Indonesian authentics. 

They will also make the on-ice jerseys in Canada but those won't be sold to the public. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

6 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

That's what I said. For public sale, there will be the Fanatics replicas and the Adidas Indonesian authentics. 

They will also make the on-ice jerseys in Canada but those won't be sold to the public. 

Not exactly. 

You  said adidas will make two lines available. They won't. Adidas will only be making one line available, the indo-authentics. Fanatics, not adidas, will have a line available for replicas. 

5qWs8RS.png

2 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Not exactly. 

You  said adidas will make two lines available. They won't. Adidas will only be making one line available, the indo-authentics. Fanatics, not adidas, will have a line available for replicas. 

That's exactly what I said! There will be the Fanatic replicas and the Indonesian authentics. 

They will also make the Canadian authentics only for on-ice use. 

6 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

That's exactly what I said! There will be the Fanatic replicas and the Indonesian authentics. 

They will also make the Canadian authentics only for on-ice use. 

Your words "Adidas will also have two tiers of jerseys available to the public"

Adidas is only doing one, fanatics the other. 

You know what, at this point it's splitting hairs for no good reason. I'm backing off, and apologize if I've been coming off as a giant jackwad. 

5qWs8RS.png

9 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

You did say there will be two lines...but your first post did say Adidas would be selling both Fanatics replicas and the indo-authentics.  I'm sure Fanatics pays a licensing fee to adidas, but adidas probably won't sell Fanatics replicas separately.

Both of you are inherently correct.  It's an odd arrangement anyway seeing how it's never really been done before in pro sports.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I realize these are probably just computer-created images that mean nothing, but these are from a banner ad for the Fanatics Breakaway jersey on FansEdge. It looks like the Blackhawks' crest is mainly screenprinted twill with embroidered details. The Rangers' letters appear to be fully screened twill, possibly with some sort of textured print.

FE_Desk_062017_NHL_2-2.jpg

FE_Desk_062017_NHL_2-1.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Canadian Reebok authentics weren't technically for sale either but you could get them, sorta. Some team stores had them. Ice jerseys sold them in some colors, for some teams.

What's really galling about the Adidas fake authentics is they still have jock tag and they are flat hemmed while the on ice authentics are still round hemmed.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived