NHL 2017-18

Bmac

15 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

It's possible they used generic red pants and navy gloves just for the photoshoot. Have to wait until the season starts to see if they actually made changes there.

Hoping that's the case. The blue cuff on the pants was a nice detail and tied everything together on the white away uniforms where red is minimal throughout the rest of the set. 

I'd prefer they just went to blue pants and quit fussing with it. 

On 7/29/2017 at 5:48 PM, the admiral said:

It is very bad.

It's so bad I think I love it? 

12 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

It's a terrible look.

I prefer it to the old socks striping that matched nothing else in the uniform system. It looks closer to the alternate uniform the current look grew out of. It's the change I've wanted them to make for 10 years *shrug*

11 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Black would indeed be different,  but it wouldn't look great.  Black and navy blue should never be used together.

Normally I agree, like Butler's basketball uniforms having black touching navy blue was never a good look, but those Blue Jackets alternates are kind of the exception that proves the rule. Black and navy never touch, are separated by white and red stripes, and it adds a certain punch and dimension that the current look lacks. It's got some "dirtiness" to it whereas the current look is clean and flat, if that makes sense. I find it more befitting of their namesake. 

57344951.thumb.jpg.cdad1039bcca50a7cdc00a5ac267d9ae.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/28/2017 at 4:17 PM, andrewharrington said:

I can’t remember for certain, but I’m pretty sure, almost positive it is closed.

You've seen it? 

How close am I here? 

CBJ-number-font.png.c3a132cfff670e3a0f1a80cb00d97109.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

...And we took all these issues and said how do we take weight out of the jersey...

The Sharks must be thrilled.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

21 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I like the new socks, but it really makes me miss the black on that Jackets jersey. Black, Navy, Red & White was their thing & they could've owned it, but NOPE. 

Compare this middle jersey:

BlueJackets04.png

To these jerseys:

BlueJackets16.png

Try to tell me black wouldn't help them be different & look great. 

I think incorporating black into the full jersey set becomes an issue when trying to replicate the color balance with the white jersey.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

13 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Nine times out of ten? I would agree with you. I've always liked that Columbus alternate however. I think it's because the black never touches the navy. The two colours don't blend into each other.

Regardless, I've always liked it.

Me too, and not just because the black gives the yoke some much needed contrast.  The thicker white and red stripes do the uniform wonders as do the extra stars on the cuff.  I wish it was their current home jersey with a matching road that wouldn't even need to feature black.

10 hours ago, McCarthy said:

You've seen it? 

How close am I here? 

CBJ-number-font.png.c3a132cfff670e3a0f1a80cb00d97109.png

Seen it? I designed it. :-) You’re close, but your 4 is too dense (and you’re missing the angle at the elbow like the 7). The waist should also be slightly above center, and Google the image of the nameplate. The B shows you how the middle of the 3 and 8 are formed. Yours are too tight.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Inward angles on the elbows of the 4 and 7? A horizontal top serif on the one? *bangs fist on desk* ORIGINAL SIX DRESS-UP!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I wouldn't read too much into the lack of the blue pants cuff on the red pants or red wrist roll on the gloves in that pic.  It's a manufacturer promo pic and not an official team pic, so they're probably not using all the right gear.  Like how that Bauer picture had a blue Leafs helmet with white ear loops and chin strap.

The Blue Jackets socks would be better if the stripes were maybe two or three times as thick to help fill up the space a little better.  Same goes for the jersey striping.  It's all so thin.

I also like the Blue Jackets red pants because it prevents a full on navy monochrome look.  I think this because even more important due to how thin the striping is on the blue jersey and socks.  If they went all blue it'd be a very bland look.

Usually I prefer the pants be the darkest color in a team's scheme, but you have some leeway with hues of red and blue that other schemes may not afford.  You can get away with either a red jersey and blue pants (NYR, FLA, WAS) or blue jersey and red pants (MTL, CBJ), whereas a red jersey with black pants works but a black jersey with red pants (or really any color other than black) would look out of place. Ideally, the jersey would be a brighter color with the pants, gloves, and helmet a darker color, but with a name like blue jackets a red jersey can't happen.  And lighter pants is better than monochrome in this instance.

4 hours ago, Sabres7200 said:

I wouldn't read too much into the lack of the blue pants cuff on the red pants or red wrist roll on the gloves in that pic.  It's a manufacturer promo pic and not an official team pic, so they're probably not using all the right gear.  Like how that Bauer picture had a blue Leafs helmet with white ear loops and chin strap.

The Blue Jackets socks would be better if the stripes were maybe two or three times as thick to help fill up the space a little better.  Same goes for the jersey striping.  It's all so thin.

I also like the Blue Jackets red pants because it prevents a full on navy monochrome look.  I think this because even more important due to how thin the striping is on the blue jersey and socks.  If they went all blue it'd be a very bland look.

Usually I prefer the pants be the darkest color in a team's scheme, but you have some leeway with hues of red and blue that other schemes may not afford.  You can get away with either a red jersey and blue pants (NYR, FLA, WAS) or blue jersey and red pants (MTL, CBJ), whereas a red jersey with black pants works but a black jersey with red pants (or really any color other than black) would look out of place. Ideally, the jersey would be a brighter color with the pants, gloves, and helmet a darker color, but with a name like blue jackets a red jersey can't happen.  And lighter pants is better than monochrome in this instance.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Sabres7200 said:

Don't tell that to Phoenix lol

3rd_jersey_480.jpg?token=ODCM40E%2BvBxmh

24 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Don't tell that to Phoenix lol

3rd_jersey_480.jpg?token=ODCM40E%2BvBxmh

These weren't bad, would have made a more interesting set than their normal sweaters.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

19 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

I don't think I am gonna like this trend in goalie equipment...  The mask is for personalization, not the leg pads.

Those pads are pretty f'in cool, though.  The MSG ceiling is a great touch.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived