NHL 2017-18

Bmac

1 hour ago, Flames1fan said:

DGEqvTeXkAEJnaE.jpg

This is an updated version of the Lady Liberty logo. Can anyone mock it up?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, nash61 said:

This is an updated version of the Lady Liberty logo. Can anyone mock it up?

145.gif

It's just a mirrored image of the left side of the face with a simplified the hairline and windows, and removed the highlights in the crown spikes. I very much doubt it's an official update. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

When they bring back alternative jerseys, it'd be cool if the Rangers brought back the Liberty jersey. I did also like the Heritage NEW YORK jersey. I honestly won't be mad if they choose one over the other because I thought they were both great.

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, Flames1fan said:

DGEqvTeXkAEJnaE.jpg

I generally think it's cool but the Chrysler Building being to the south of the Empire State Building given the World Trade Center's to the right as if it's being seen from the Jersey side is gonna bother me every time I see them :P

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

20 hours ago, DIYsportsguy said:

Sounds to me like corporate talk.  I'm still irritated with this move.  I especially HATE that the Fanatics flag is going to be on the replica NHL jerseys now.  All I can hope for is that it does NOT go on the MLB jerseys when UA takes over in 2019.

20 hours ago, DIYsportsguy said:

"At the end of the day the name of the game in the sports licensing business is, how do you grow the space? And an agile supply chain and innovative  business model allows you to do that."

That...that's an impressive way to say absolutely nothing of value. 

3 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

I generally think it's cool but the Chrysler Building being to the south of the Empire State Building given the World Trade Center's to the right as if it's being seen from the Jersey side is gonna bother me every time I see them :P

Actually given the position of the building with the dome on top, it appears that both viewpoints are from the southwest. 

From the otherwise usually-pretty-okay Faxes From Uncle Dale:

Because even though the NBA is first through the door on this, it doesn’t mean hockey couldn’t do it better. Quite simply, hockey is the more visually stunning sport, especially since the advent of HD TV. Because it has the bright canvas of an ice sheet, where basketball still has the duller background of the hardwood (heh, hardwood).

Well, let’s just imagine the Hawks and Stars playing. Red and green, against the backdrop of the ice, as the camera sweeps from one end to the others. The colors pop, they contrast each other and make each other stand out. Whose eyes wouldn’t be drawn to that?

People who are red-green colorblind

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 hours ago, B-mer said:

giphy.gif

Yeah, hand up on that one haha.

15 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Don't tell that to Phoenix lol

3rd_jersey_480.jpg?token=ODCM40E%2BvBxmh

I think this was a terrible look.  Possibly made worse by the red helmet and gloves.  It looks mismatched to me.

I thought it was nice to see a different spin on the red/black color palette. Helmets matched pants and sweaters matched socks, so I don't see anything egregiously wrong with it. I'd have used the primary instead and had a white version that kept a little black trim to set the white off from the beige, but that was a fine enough set for a team that isn't bound to traditional design ideas.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

34 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Kevin Weekes did the custom pad thing often. His Canucks ones had whales jumping out of ice like the Canucks logo.

Those weren't even his best panther styled custom pads either. 

3014296.thumb.jpg.d605ef38e60719bc3ea343cb4c89bf96.jpg

52391367.thumb.jpg.a670073b6de68931a603f3b571ec841a.jpg

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

I thought it was nice to see a different spin on the red/black color palette. Helmets matched pants and sweaters matched socks, so I don't see anything egregiously wrong with it. I'd have used the primary instead and had a white version that kept a little black trim to set the white off from the beige, but that was a fine enough set for a team that isn't bound to traditional design ideas.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-10-at-12.38.25-.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 31/07/2017 at 10:15 PM, DIYsportsguy said:

"The first official jersey made just for fans!" In spite of the replica jerseys CCM, Koho, and Reebok have already been making and selling to fans for years!

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived