NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's so much better than I expected.  The yellow yoke adds so much to what would otherwise be a relatively plain white sweater.  

The music lines appear to be in the sleeve numbers now besides just the back - where they there before?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

44 minutes ago, hrivnak said:

cut.jpg

I think I actually like these. Not a ton, but still. They're a huge improvement, compared to the homes. Now why couldn't they have just followed this template, on the homes? 

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It's so much better than I expected.  The yellow yoke adds so much to what would otherwise be a relatively plain white sweater.  

The music lines appear to be in the sleeve numbers now besides just the back - where they there before?

No, the guitar strings on the sleeve numbers is new, for this season.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Well I'll be damned. They actually changed it up. Shows what I know.

I actually like those. Promoting the gold on the road look is smart, seeing as the Preds own that as far as it being a primary colour goes. It looks sharp. Much nicer than their home sweaters. Which are fine, if a bit lacking.

It's too much yellow for me on its own, but that will probably get balanced out by the pants. The striping makes me think we're going to have the galoshes look on the road socks again, unfortunately.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What if Trevor Linden, as President of the team, changes the logo? I think he might follow suit (being an alum in the front office of his former team) of Joe Sakic and bring back the look his time and the team's former glory days by bringing back the skate logo and jerseys. This might be a stretch, but I don't think any of us really thought Colorado would bring back the cup-winning set, so perhaps Linden does the same during this rebuild. I've seen polls from fans and the winning look the majority of the time is the '94 cup run sweaters. 

I just saw a side by side comparison of the Flames home, and while it's obviously the same for a lot of teams, this just made it so apparent that the new adidas collar looks SO much worse than reebok's. What an ugly step backwards.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Preds road:

Ohhhhhh no no no noooo. That just isn't good.

No to the yellow yoke, especially with the full yellow collar. And I really hate the white/yellow shoulder seam. That navy border needs to go around the whole thing. It definitely needs navy to balance out, and yes I know it'll be there with the pants, but still doesn't sell me.

And again, another instance of mismatching the templates. It's almost like they heard the "too plain" comments about the home uniform (It really needs something), but couldn't change it and just put something on the road white. Why did the road white need something going on on the shoulder where the home gold didn't? Plain white, plain gold, what's the real difference? The yoke really, to me, looks like it was just laid over on top of the jersey. Like someone looked at it and said, nah, needs something, and just plopped some yellow on top and called it a day.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

6 hours ago, Morgo said:

Huge downgrade from the previous sweater.  Why couldn't they have done something like this...

An9paJZ.jpg

Because that makes them look like a blue team that uses gold trim. They are the opposite now.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Because that makes them look like a blue team that uses gold trim. They are the opposite now.

The Blackhawks look like a black team that uses red trim on the road. It works out okay for them.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived