NHL 2017-18

Bmac

15 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Pretty sure it’s been decades since wool has been a part of an NHL jersey.

The wool mesh or whatever the name of the fabric is...sometimes used on the crest, numbers, and collars of several previous RBK classic or old school looks, it's too bad Adidas discontinued that.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "wool" collar is a rib-knit, elasticized polyester, meant to mimic the neck and cuffs of actual sweaters. It's a different fabric than the felt twill used in some retro crests and numbers, but the two have been paired to great effect, like in the Habs' Winter Classic jerseys and the Wild's pre-Edge reds.

The Mighty Ducks used the same collar material for their old black/eggplant thirds. And while the crest on those is felt twill on the replicas, I seem to recall the authentics were actually chenille, which is awesome if true.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Figured this thread might be best buttttttt if anybody is around NYC, Reebok premier jerseys at the NHL Store in the city are currently $30. Picked up a Bruins home black jersey this weekend.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Lightning used the adidas practice jerseys for the first time this week. There was a big purge that I've never seen the likes of in the NHL before, all reebok branded items were removed from the locker room, everything from shoes to warm ups to hats. Traditionally the team has provided UA shoes and apparel to employees and none of that is allowed to be worn while on the job any longer. 

Minus the lousy customization job, the thicker white stripes on the fake actually look better than what the Preds will be wearing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

17 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Stars inaugural home uniform is returning for one night on Feb 3rd against Minnesota.  Unfortunately it's only going to be worn during the pre-game skate.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/08/24/dallas-stars-announce-throwback-uniform-for-2018/

Pre-game skate jerseys (and there's been a few of them) are super non-committal and just odd.  Imagine throwback jerseys only worn in batting practice or the shoot-around.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I guess this has to do with having no alternates for the year.  That, or the team is being cheap so they don't have to get the socks and pants to match.  It would have been good for them to have worn them a couple of times and not just in a warm up.  Those uniforms were pretty dope and that logo is better than what they have now, which isn't bad in its own right.

14 hours ago, Ark said:

Star players should be held accountable for things like this.

If I was Jamie Benn I would get everyone on the team to wear the throwback for the actual game. 

Why should they be accountable for things like this? They have many more important things on their minds.

Believe it or not, uniforms aren't front of mind for most people who aren't on this board.

9 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

They really need to shrink the whole collar size down a few millimeters.

Many teams now look like this...

LA-Los-Angeles-Kings-Purple-Alternate-Th

Literally the only blemish on an otherwise perfect identity. I don't even mind the LOS ANGELES in the hem.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived