NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/08/2017 at 0:04 PM, Ark said:

Star players should be held accountable for things like this.

If I was Jamie Benn I would get everyone on the team to wear the throwback for the actual game. 

Lol what. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

21 hours ago, Ark said:

Did anyone mention that the new Adidas collars look weird?

That's basically been everyone's major gripe with the Adizero uniforms.

While I don't hate the collars, a few teams have made weird design choices with theirs. The Maple Leafs of all teams shouldn't be doing that half-white half-blue nonsense.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

For 2017, as some may know, the home of the St Louis Blues, formerly Scottrade Center, has been renamed to the TD Ameritrade Center after the latter company purchased the former. The logos have officially been unveiled for the new arena:

Td-ameritrade-center-logo.gif

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

1 hour ago, mattr1198 said:

For 2017, as some may know, the home of the St Louis Blues, formerly Scottrade Center, has been renamed to the TD Ameritrade Center after the latter company purchased the former. The logos have officially been unveiled for the new arena:

Td-ameritrade-center-logo.gif

Similar in style to TD place in Ottawa

9731_ottawa__redblacks-stadium-2014.png

zyyMk1d.png

Most naming-rights deals are necessarily terrible, but "Place" lends itself to some of the dopiest constructions, like Edmonton's "(we're all goin' to) Rogers Place," and the anti-naming-rights name from the 2010 Olympics, "Canada Hockey Place," which sounds like a stroke victim trying to describe an ice rink.

Oh and the MTS Centre is Bell MTS Place now too. Great, another Bell, another Place.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Most naming-rights deals are necessarily terrible, but "Place" lends itself to some of the dopiest constructions, like Edmonton's "(we're all goin' to) Rogers Place," and the anti-naming-rights name from the 2010 Olympics, "Canada Hockey Place," which sounds like a stroke victim trying to describe an ice rink.

Oh and the MTS Centre is Bell MTS Place now too. Great, another Bell, another Place.

I'd agree with you in most cases (I never got used to saying Scotiabank Place), but seeing as TD Place is a complex that includes both an outdoor stadium & an indoor arena I'd consider it an exception. 

Not quite relevant, but I just found an eBay auction for a supposed prototype Maple Leafs RBK Edge jersey. Wasn't sure where else to share it.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TORONTO-MAPLE-LEAFS-PROTOTYPE-AUTHENTIC-HOME-REEBOK-JERSEY-SIZE-56-DAMAGED-/292043551594?hash=item43ff26f36a:g:dJgAAOSwax5YuKfT

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

On 8/26/2017 at 6:18 AM, Ark said:

You know I'm only half serious

But players really should care care about how they look on the ice. Did anyone mention that the new Adidas collars look weird?

Maybe one of the Stars should be like Chris Sale and cut up the regular jerseys so they are forced to wear the throwback.

The best part is the idea that it's incumbent upon alligator-brained Jamie Benn of all people to make things right, as if he can think about a hockey sweater at any level higher than "I think my head goes in this hole no wait."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

13 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

The Flames' socks now match the arm stripes.

Is there a picture of that?  they were the same as last year at the reveal in Vegas, but nhluniforms' mockup had them matching, but i've yet to see the real thing yet.  If so, thank god!  Makes a world of difference to make that uniform serviceable.

I may have said this before, but it seems someone went crazy matching stripings across the board that were previously different.  Bruins, Flames(?), Canucks, Blue Jackets socks have all been adjusted to match the hem/arm stripes of their respective jerseys. The funny thing though is looking at pictures of the NHLPA Rookie Showcase, most of the players didn't have all the correct equipment outside the jerseys.  Ottawa players had the original swoopy edge socks, St. Louis players had the first edge design,... just weird combos.

2017-nhlpa-rookie-showcase-upper-deck-an

4 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

All arenas and stadiums now are named after banks or phone companies. I miss the good old days.

Except for Madison Square Garden but with all the Chase logos next to and bigger than the name, it may as well be Chase Garden. 

XM4KeeA.png

that Devils book is doing a great job of showcasing their previous iconic look for you to be let down by the garbage you'll see when you look up from it.  it's like they said to themselves "we came out of the Edge conversion without a cluster:censored: of a uniform like most other teams, so we have to make up for it this go around"

DIfV86-XkAApRN9.thumb.jpg.5414c59ae87d4164ec632cfd9842d50f.jpg

"you know those Nike NFL collars that looked stupid, everyone hated, and have since been changed back to something more conventional? Let's use those for our new NHL contract" - Adidas

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 minute ago, McCarthy said:

DIfV86-XkAApRN9.thumb.jpg.5414c59ae87d4164ec632cfd9842d50f.jpg

"you know those Nike NFL collars that looked stupid, everyone hated, and have since been changed back to something more conventional? Let's use those for our new NHL contract" - Adidas

The collars have grown on me. I wasn't a fan of them when I first saw them but seeing them at the Rookie Showcase when the players had full gear on they don't look half bad.

Archived