NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The President's Trophy isn't worth anything. Ask the Sharks and Capitals what a President's Trophy banner means. 

And that Prince of Wales trophy isn't much better, considering the thrashing they got in the Cup Finals that followed.  

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

The President's Trophy isn't worth anything. Ask the Sharks and Capitals what a President's Trophy banner means. 

And that Prince of Wales trophy isn't much better, considering the thrashing they got in the Cup Finals that followed.  

Says the Toronto Maple Leafs fan under the age of sixty.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

6 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Says the Toronto Maple Leafs fan under the age of sixty.

And I doubt an Eastern Conference Champions or President's Trophy banner in the ACC would do much to alieviate that stigma without a matching Cup banner.

On 8/31/2017 at 9:28 AM, BrianLion said:

I like the NJ outline on the patch and the incorporation of the franchises three main colors over their run.  However, I feel like aside from the 25th anniversary you should really just celebrate the 10's.  After 30 years as a franchise you've shown some longevity and probably don't need to commemorate your own existence every 5 years.  

Also odd that only Chico Resch is shown in the pre-1992 uniforms in that lithograph. The red/green period was almost a third of their history albeit not the most successful one. They still had some pretty memorable players during that time especially the Cinderella 87-88 team with Burke, Shanahan, Muller, MacLean, Broten, Verbeek, etc.

1.  I loved Chico Resch.  He had one of my favorite Flyers goalie masks ever (IIRC the first Flyer to use the lax-style helmet.)

2.  That's a strong logo, but I'd change a few things.

a. un-italicize the numbers.  Since the state's shape is kinda slanted, the italicized numbers clash a bit.  Straight up would be fine.

b.  I like that they used at least a little bit of green, but it's so little that it almost looks like a mistake.  I'd've made one half of the state black and the other green.  The backing behind the banner could just be gray or black or whatever.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm surprised no one noticed that Dallas is going to be sporting a nice shiny patch. It is possible that NHL will be going to the NFL route to make the Cup patch like the Super Bowl.

I wonder other teams are going this direction for their anniversary patches? 

IMG_9323.PNG

On 9/4/2017 at 10:02 AM, Ark said:

"The Sens never won anything with the old logo."

1Es8P9G.jpg

The Sens actually never won anything with the logo and uniforms they use now.

Exactly.  If making the final meant "you didn't win anything," why award a trophy?  No, it's obviously not as good as winning the Stanley Cup but it's still an accomplishment.  If the team is so concerned with having a jersey they've won something in, why are they going with the set below?  That's a set they've literally won nothing in...  Unless the Heritage Classic in Vancouver counts :rolleyes:

ViRgBi7.jpg

1 hour ago, Toronto206 said:

Leafs also put their Fanatics Replicas on sale. 

IMG_4923.JPG

I find it very odd that the Fanatics produced replica has Adidas branding on the inner collar. Is that some sort of odd mix up or is Adidas getting a cut of the Fanatics replicas?

In my mind Fanatics is a competitor of Adidas now that they've entered into the licensed sports business. It's tantamount to Adidas making stuff with the swoosh on it.

3 minutes ago, aild87 said:

I find it very odd that the Fanatics produced replica has Adidas branding on the inner collar. Is that some sort of odd mix up or is Adidas getting a cut of the Fanatics replicas?

In my mind Fanatics is a competitor of Adidas now that they've entered into the licensed sports business. It's tantamount to Adidas making stuff with the swoosh on it.

Adidas and Fanatics are partners in this NHL jersey deal.  Adidas has their name on "authentics", Fanatics has their brand on "replicas".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, Shachihoko said:

I'm surprised no one noticed that Dallas is going to be sporting a nice shiny patch. It is possible that NHL will be going to the NFL route to make the Cup patch like the Super Bowl.

I wonder other teams are going this direction for their anniversary patches? 

IMG_9323.PNG

It was known when the announcement came back in the middle of last season

2 hours ago, aild87 said:

That is an epic photoshop fail.  Adidas is NOT producing replicas for Fanatics.

They poorly 'shopped an Adidas authentic image. Smudged out the dimple fabric on the yoke, straightened the hem and slapped on a jocktag,

I'm liking the simplicity of the O by itself at center ice. I can't tell from the picture, but hopefully they've gotten rid of the 3D centurion inside the red line.

It reminds me a bit of the Yotes old ice, the way the logo fills the whole circle:

white_out8.jpg

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I'm liking the simplicity of the O by itself at center ice. I can't tell from the picture, but hopefully they've gotten rid of the 3D centurion inside the red line.

It reminds me a bit of the Yotes old ice, the way the logo fills the whole circle:

white_out8.jpg

I loved that ice... TBH, they should've never moved on from that moon logo. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Archived