NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be worse, considering it's just a practice jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That's one thing that's a downgrade from their mid-to-late 2000s & early 2010's look. The yellow numbers make them look like the Bruins a little more again. And the Bruins haven't helped this cause by throwing away a century of tradition by changing to black socks. <_<

6 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

who at Adidas was responsible for the sock designs?  Pretty sure they made it their mission for all socks to match jerseys stripes exactly.  

Except for the Blues. Their blue socks still inexplicably have navy in between the yellow and white stripes, even though it's royal blue in between the stripes on the jersey. Also, the lower portion of the home and away socks should be navy to match their jerseys, but it's not. 

29 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

That's one thing that's a downgrade from their mid-to-late 2000s & early 2010's look. The yellow numbers make them look like the Bruins a little more again. And the Bruins haven't helped this cause by throwing away a century of tradition by changing to black socks. <_<

Yep. I'm praying it will be changed back sooner rather than later. 

7 minutes ago, ebod39 said:

No, they didn't.  

On the background image they did.

Edit: To clarify, I wasn't insinuating that the Oilers added silver to their official logo. I just wanted to point out the addition on the background they used as I found it peculiar that they'd add an embellishment such as that.

1 hour ago, Gobbi said:

On the background image they did.

Edit: To clarify, I wasn't insinuating that the Oilers added silver to their official logo. I just wanted to point out the addition on the background they used as I found it peculiar that they'd add an embellishment such as that.

It looks like the Oilers logo is extruded in 3d; That sliver of silver you're seeing is a bit of shading from the inset area of the oil drop before it reaches the orange drop itself. You can also see a bit of the effect on the bottom right of the letter s in the oilers portion.

Archived