Jump to content

NHL 2017-18


Bmac
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I like the new number font. I like the new sock stripes. Fight me. 

 

59c265797a05e_2017-09-20at08-55-56.png.14a79498e452f494d6509d07f3812839.png

 

The number font is good.

 

The sock stripes though need to be thicker, like at least as thick as the hemstripe. Like others have said, the socks are just too blue. Especially with the legs of the pants being trimmed in blue. You also lose the red with any distance.

 

I totally get the want for consistency, but that doesn't work here for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hurricanes and Lightning went color on color tonight. On Twitter, Carolina tabbed it as #CanesColorRush in one tweet, but besides that, I see no other mention in any pregame articles or what not that this was supposed to be an advertised thing. Probably just a one-off, but interesting.

DKM5wViVwAAD22b.jpg:large

DKNUmEgUIAAFAe3.jpg

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Small change but, the Islanders now have the words Barclays Center on both side of the logo, last year it was Barclays Center on top and the words Brooklyn NY on the bottom, this year both say Barclays Center, this was seen on a picture I saw on twitter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I've had enough time to get used to them. But I still think most of the new Adidas collars look really bad, especially those where the NHL centerpiece thing stick out when the team uses contrasting colors. In those cases, the remainder of the collar forms a weird and ugly shape. They had potential, but overall it's mostly a downgrade.

 

Many looks got worse, this year.

 

What are the only looks that we can all confidently agree are upgrades? I'd say Avalanche, Wild, and Hurricanes are the only ones. Sabres and Flames also benefited from removal of piping, but those are fairly minor. Blue Jackets and Senators with upgrades in terms of font.

 

2 of the best looks in the league , the Stars and the Blackhawks (IMO, because people might argue the Stars one), and now really brought down by the collars.

 

I think the only cases where these collars really "work" is when the very upper section kind of flares outward and the lower, thicker portion of the collar is the same color as the jersey body or the shoulder yoke. Vegas has this collar treatment and looks pretty good. When the collar color contrasts with the jersey base, that's when the problems start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

Ugh.  Some of these curved hemstripes really bother me.  The hurricanes almost looks like the fish stick waves on the islanders sweater.  

It's really noticeable when a team has more than one stripe, like those Carolina jerseys. 

 

Pleasantly surprised to check some highlights online and see the color vs color matchup. I'd love if hockey went to a soccer-esque primary and change system instead of regular home/away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That would be cool, but it would be difficult because most teams wear red, blue, or black, and many teams that wear red also wear black, and many blue teams wear navy blue, which is close to black. Then you have the helmet issue, where you need separation, but if you put one team in white helmets with dark sweaters and socks, they look like they're in the OHL. There are really only so many matchups where color on color works, and most of them involve the Perds, Stars, and Flyers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

 

The number font is good.

 

The sock stripes though need to be thicker, like at least as thick as the hemstripe. Like others have said, the socks are just too blue. Especially with the legs of the pants being trimmed in blue. You also lose the red with any distance.

 

I totally get the want for consistency, but that doesn't work here for me. 

I think if they added some stars in the striping like on the hem of the jersey it would look great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

That would be cool, but it would be difficult because most teams wear red, blue, or black, and many teams that wear red also wear black, and many blue teams wear navy blue, which is close to black. Then you have the helmet issue, where you need separation, but if you put one team in white helmets with dark sweaters and socks, they look like they're in the OHL. There are really only so many matchups where color on color works, and most of them involve the Perds, Stars, and Flyers.

That's the whole point. They could have a clash kit instead of the white kit for when they are too similar to their opponent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/09/2017 at 3:16 AM, Still MIGHTY said:

Devils - Absolute garbage

 

Boston's socks - Garbage

 

Avalanche - Beautiful

 

Vegas' road look - Actually pretty damned good

 

I agree with these.

 

Nashville isn't that horrible and Columbus' socks are allright.

 

And I think whoever was in charge of the redesigns really hates unmatching socks for some reason. Boston, Columbus, Vancouver, who else? Sometimes, the different socks go well together wth the rest of the package. Boston usually nailed it during new uniform unveilings, until now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, elliott said:

 

What are the only looks that we can all confidently agree are upgrades? I'd say Avalanche, Wild, and Hurricanes are the only ones. Sabres and Flames also benefited from removal of piping, but those are fairly minor. Blue Jackets and Senators with upgrades in terms of font.

 

2 of the best looks in the league , the Stars and the Blackhawks (IMO, because people might argue the Stars one), and now really brought down by the collars.

 

I think the only cases where these collars really "work" is when the very upper section kind of flares outward and the lower, thicker portion of the collar is the same color as the jersey body or the shoulder yoke. Vegas has this collar treatment and looks pretty good. When the collar color contrasts with the jersey base, that's when the problems start.

 

And here's an example of a jersey collar that looks hideous with the new template. There's so much wrong here...

 

IMG_6710.PNG.a79822e400a1f601be051142859

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those Hurricanes reds look really good and much better than the Team Canada/Red Wings/Generic Bubble Hockey Team knockoff uniforms they've been wearing. I don't know why they couldn't have just done that when they switched to those. 

 

Now they just need to match the road whites and they'll be all good as a cohesive set. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

 

Idk if that template could work well on a white jersey.

 

I don't see why it wouldn't. Just make the body and shoulders white and leave the stripes alone and use red numbers outlined in black. Basically their 98-07 white jersey. 

 

They pretty much already use that striping pattern on their white jersey as it is. I'm just saying take one extra step and make everything consistent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.