NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/10/2017 at 7:28 AM, Point1 said:

Unpopular opinion: single colour numbers look better and way more teams should have them.

Henrik+Sedin+Ryan+Kesler+Montreal+Canadi

As beautiful as those Canuck unis are, I feel the green should be "a little" lighter to make it stand out from the blue. I still stand by my argument that having a green border on the font would give the Canucks their own font identity(current Agency font is weak). The Sabres have a yellow border on their away blue font, the Islanders and Oilers have orange, the Canadiens have red(the old single border is a classic) and even the Jets have a powder blue with their navy. A green border on blue would look beautiful and distinctive. I've seen concepts as well as merchandise and it works. 

20170531_173435.jpg

1 minute ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Am I the only one who HATES the new Oilers jerseys?

I think they were a massive downgrade from last year.

I want to like them, but I find that the navy they chose is just too dark. I understand the desire to contrast with the brighter orange, but it muddies the design, I find.

I'd say it hurts the current uniform, too, that the navy arm stripe is so thin. When you have a color so dark it appears black from distance, you need to go big with it. I find it televises so dark it appears to be a black arm band. Just my 2 pennies.

On 10/25/2017 at 11:22 AM, the admiral said:

No, the Hawks need a little more red on the whites and the red number trim handles that well.

It also makes the numbers muddier (especially on the sleeves), and changes their tone relative to the solid black stripes.

There’s a red stripe on both arms, the waist, the pants and the socks, as well as all three logos. More than enough.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

20 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Chicago Blackhawks v Edmonton Oilers : News Photoedmonton-oilers-goalie-cam-talbot-watches-the-play-during-the-oilers-picture-id858106150?s=170x17

It's probably the lighting making the current set look drab but I still prefer last years set over this. I just wanted them to move the numbers form the shoulders to the arms. I didn't want them to completely change the colors. Oilers had a classic set right when things were finally going right for them and they decided to ditch it completely. That's just a shame. 

XM4KeeA.png

17 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I think the Oilers should drop the navy yokes on the road white only.

I disagree. The last time they wore navy, dropping the navy yokes from the white jerseys made the design worse.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived