NHL 2017-18

Bmac

4 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

Avs shoulder logos look ridiculous,  they are even pointing in opposite directions 

Do you make the same criticism of the Blackhawks?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, lbj273 said:

I wish the NHL would go back to white being the primary home jerseys.  I think the home teams should be in white more often than not across every sport

I still have my home team wear white jerseys in the NHL games. 

XM4KeeA.png

9 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

Who cares, look at the jersey straight on, looks awful.

Avs were best like this.

7jun-2001-rob-blake-of-the-colorado-aval

Everything since has been thrash, now they have tried to fix it, but they have still have not gone back to the true set.

Stripes are missing, and that Cubs logo on the shoulder.

When you look at a shoulder patch, it's going to be from the side. You have to be able to read it from that side, so the opposite is going to be facing the other way. That's just how it is. Also, the old foot logo on the Avs sweaters were the exact same way...

The more I see old Avs sweaters, the worse they look... The current dark jersey is miles better than the original. Look at the outline of the mountains compared to the socks. Only the current dark matches. (Of course, the original white looks better, because it actually matches the sock pattern) 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

10 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

You are from the UK i see,  that logo reminds me of the RAF   ;)

raf-intro.png

Interesting.

With the push for a more Colorado-focused identity and a now-retired third jersey being an homage to the Rockies, the RAF isn't exactly something I'd think of when looking at the logo. But to each their own.

9 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

Who cares, look at the jersey straight on, looks awful.

Maybe because shoulder patches aren't specifically designed to be looked at straight on.

And as others have pointed out, letter-based logos generally don't get flipped around. Sure it looks a bit weird sometimes, but a backwards letter for Ↄolorado would be weirder.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

On 2017-10-18 at 3:04 PM, Chromatic said:

No. They wore those when they were a rangers affiliate. I get its hard to make a case for unique striping when you're using a horizontal pattern, but it looks better the way it is now than if they went for a more generic width ratio like there.

The old third jersey was bad too, because the thin stripes of blue just muddied up the green, and made it pop less. From a distance they looked like leafs jerseys.

They were only affiliated intermittently with the Rangers for 3 or 4 years over a 20 year period. The Canucks branding, uniforms and colours had nothing to do with the Rangers.

No other team in hockey wears blue and green with classic NW stripes. The Canucks own those colours. They dont need extra thick green stripes to stand out. May as well use real NW stripes like the WHL uniforms they're based on instead of that 70s trash. And while they're at it get rid of the agency numbers and use a single colour block font. The Canucks would never look better

4 minutes ago, uniformity said:

They were only affiliated intermittently with the Rangers for 3 or 4 years over a 20 year period. The Canucks branding, uniforms and colours had nothing to do with the Rangers.

No other team in hockey wears blue and green with classic NW stripes. The Canucks own those colours. They dont need extra thick green stripes to stand out. May as well use real NW stripes like the WHL uniforms they're based on instead of that 70s trash. And while they're at it get rid of the agency numbers and use a single colour block font. The Canucks would never look better

It was closer to six or seven years on and off over an intermittent span.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/display_affiliations_child.php?tmi=8755

I agree whole-heartedly with you about the blue and green, and I think they have arguably the best colour scheme in sports. I was simply suggesting the reason they wore blue and red in the fashion they did during their WHL days likely was influenced by the fact they were affiliated with the rangers.

The simplified Avs striping pattern is absolutely gorgeous, and while I'd rather have blue in place of silver on the away jerseys, they really nailed their Adidas redesign. It's simple, sleek, classic, and modern all at once. Not really a whole lot to complain about with the Avs.

19 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

And paired versus the classic looking Avs in maroon/burgundy/sedona red (whatever the correct name is), it's such a beautiful non-O6 matchup...

Jonathan+Marchessault+Vegas+Golden+Knigh

Vegas+Golden+Knights+v+Colorado+Avalanch

cut.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but yeah, this is a gorgeous matchup. I'ms till not sold on Vegas' home/away gloves, though. Just feels weird seeing white gloves.

23 hours ago, lbj273 said:

I wish the NHL would go back to white being the primary home jerseys.  I think the home teams should be in white more often than not across every sport

I don't care what color is worn, as long as there's contrast.

NBA seems to be OK with this...

5 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Sorry for the double post, but yeah, this is a gorgeous matchup. I'ms till not sold on Vegas' home/away gloves, though. Just feels weird seeing white gloves.

I love it, I think it's a beauty! It balances the whole set perfectly well! 

You know what's interesting... I noticed some teams are not doing perforated numbers on their Adidas jerseys...  I thought why not to put these together... Especially, people who wanted their jerseys to be the same as the players.  

Via from reddit and getty

Teams with Solid numbers:

Penguins

y3CZqVU.jpg

Both Canucks and Caps look solid

Washington Capitals v Vancouver Canucks : News Photo

Red Wings, Solid

Washington Capitals v Detroit Red Wings't : News Photo

Sabres

NHL: OCT 25 Sabres at Blue Jackets : News Photo

etc....

Teams with perforated numbers:

Golden Knights

Smith_P05888_a_lg.jpeg

Oilers

Washington Capitals v Edmonton Oilers : News Photo

Senators 

Ottawa Senators v New Jersey Devils : News Photo

Blue Jackets

Winnipeg Jets v Columbus Blue Jackets : News Photo

Panthers

Anaheim Ducks v Florida Panthers : News Photo

Stars

Carolina Hurricanes v Dallas Stars : News Photo

19 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

The more I see old Avs sweaters, the worse they look... The current dark jersey is miles better than the original. Look at the outline of the mountains compared to the socks. Only the current dark matches. (Of course, the original white looks better, because it actually matches the sock pattern) 

Agreed. The new dark jerseys are (mostly) how I remember the originals through rose-tinted nostalgia glasses. The black in the striping on the 90s jerseys has no business being there.

7 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

Wow......you are so right, this looks great!  Wow.

Vegas+Golden+Knights+v+Colorado+Avalanch

At least you now recognize the folly in your original opinion.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived