NHL 2017-18

Bmac

On 10/29/2017 at 9:42 PM, SFGiants58 said:

They ran out of idiot points when they resigned Joe Thornton. They didn't have enough for perforated numbers.

I don't get this. Joe Thornton had 50 points last year, and 9 points in 13 games this year... How many idiot points does it cost to have a constant playmaker on a team?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

Got a Burger Kings?

No that's one I've never got my hands on. To be honest I haven't looked all that hard. Same with the flying Duck. I've got the Coyotes Picasso, both Isles fisherman, two Bolts old school wave thirds, Flames horse head, Stars mooterus, and the pooh bear Bruins.

16 hours ago, NoE38 said:

I read somewhere that the Hawks are just going to wear their normal jerseys (unsure whether home or away) due to them playing annually, but I can't find the link. It's like they don't even want to participate in this anymore.

That's definitely not going to happen.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I too own a Bruins Pooh Bear and turned down an opportunity to purchase a second one. Do more people have them than Fishsticks? Are they just more plentiful because they were around longer?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Well I'm glad that the Sabres are wearing royal blue and yellow. (Even though I do like the Navy and yellow color scheme, the grey is too much) Hopefully we'll see this head into a change... Although that's no guarantee with a team like the Sabres 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 11/8/2017 at 4:47 AM, WSU151 said:

It was great for the 90s and weekend hockey on Fox.  Not the worst jersey worn in the NHL.  The Pooh bear logo ruins it.

I think the jarring striping and lazy word-patches sink it myself.  The Pooh bear logo would have been better received on a more traditional jersey, maybe something similar to their 2009 Winter Classic look.  The logo is overtly busy but looks somewhat classy in spite of itself.

Time to bring this back. This time, with Adidas taking hold of the NHL uniform contract, it's time to make a new post talking about the NHL uniforms this season.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC DIVISION:

ANAHEIM DUCKS: No change at all. Still looks alright to me, even though the straight laces on the collar look weird in my eyes.

ARIZONA COYOTES: See Anaheim above.

CALGARY FLAMES: I've been lobbying for this for a while now, but they really oughta lose the black and bring back the 1980s look.

EDMONTON OILERS: You know, it'll take a while for me to get used to them wearing orange at home. I'm indifferent about them going back to their 2000s decade color scheme (navy blue instead of royal blue).

LOS ANGELES KINGS: Eh, still looks OK. Can't believe there's still no hem stripe on the black home jersey......

SAN JOSE SHARKS: I'm indifferent, TBH. But I like teal.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS: No changes at all. I'm okay with it.

VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS: To say nothing of their trademark dispute, and the lack of 'Las' in the team name locale, they really captured their look and identity well; a very solid look for them.

CENTRAL DIVISION:

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS: Still the classic look we've been accustomed to all these years.

COLORADO AVALANCHE: Hey, they brought back the classic look! I applaud this.

DALLAS STARS: Didn't change much. Still looks good.

MINNESOTA WILD: Their new looks is okay; bye-bye, roundel logo.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS: Still a good look.

ST. LOUIS BLUES: Didn't change much, but I am okay with what they've got.

WINNIPEG JETS: Blue is a fave color of mine, and I like what they have. :)

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

ATLANTIC DIVISION:
BOSTON BRUINS: Perfection.

BUFFALO SABRES: Their regular jersey are OK, but that third jersey is LOUD.

DETROIT RED WINGS: A timeless classic.

FLORIDA PANTHERS: They look alright to me, except the stripes on the sleeves don't go all the way around. That part kinda irks me.

MONTREAL CANADIENS: As timeless as you can get.

OTTAWA SENATORS: Still looks nice.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING: Looks too close to the Toronto Maple Leafs' design, but the elimination of the laces makes it a bit better.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS: Why change a good look?

METROPOLITAN DIVISION:

CAROLINA HURRICANES: Looks rather plain compared to the uniform it replaced. But it is a simple, yet effective uniform.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS: Nothing is wrong with this set.

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: See above.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS: Just about as perfect as you can get; but their third jerseys are another story.

NEW YORK RANGERS: Solid.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS: See above, again.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS: Their new third jersey is just great! Now if they can adopt that jersey fulltime and lose the Vegas Gold, they'd be set. :)

WASHINGTON CAPITALS: Not bad.

Still pretty much hit-or-miss with the current state of the NHL uniform scene. Quite a few teams didn't change much, just merely adapted themselves to the new Adizero template.

UBwef0L.png

This is related to an earlier post I made about the new NHL replica jerseys made by Fanatics, but this concerns the 'authentic' new NHL jerseys by Adidas themselves.

I have the same two Qs:

1) Has anybody had a chance to get one?

2) What is the quality like?

Just asking, in case I should try and get such a jersey in the future.

UBwef0L.png

Archived