NHL 2017-18

Bmac

More than anything I'm surprised to see the Canadiens wearing something new and different. Le-Bleu-Blanc-Rouge-Shiruba is the better of the two.

The Sens jersey isn't bad, but it would look better with a hemstripe. I'm not sure how I feel about the Silver O. I prefer the black heritage sweater, but red vs white is a preferable matchup for an event like this.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is more or less what I expected. Most of the outdoor game jerseys to me have been underwhelming to me, and these are no exception. If the Sens changed the O to Red or white, and added a hem stripe they would be great. Montreal's is a classic look, but I think a yoke would help them out here.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

I don't mind the Senators as I'm partial to the vintage Times Roman =O= (c'mon, Times ROMAN!! It totally fits the theme they were going for!!! *taps mic* hello?)

Anyways, I kinda wish that they weren't playing dress-up with another entity's Stanley Cup victories on their sleeves.  If anything, the Centennial Classic should've been between the teams with the most Stanley Cups between them, The Canadiens and the Maple Leafs. Between them they've won a whopping 39 Cups!  That would've been a better way to celebrate hockey.  Not with a 90s expansion franchise that's completely unrelated to the team that won those over 100 years ago.  either way, I do like the red variant of the =O= jersey

I'm gonna have to agree with Chris here. Maybe the transition from Reebok to Adidas caused this but there haven't been many, if any, throwback uniforms this year to celebrate the 100th anniversary. For sure I thought the Original 6 would do a few throwback nights but they haven't and that's a shame. 

https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/930535801288515584

XM4KeeA.png

8 minutes ago, insert name said:

I'm gonna have to agree with Chris here. Maybe the transition from Reebok to Adidas caused this but there haven't been many, if any, throwback uniforms this year to celebrate the 100th anniversary. For sure I thought the Original 6 would do a few throwback nights but they haven't and that's a shame. 

https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/930535801288515584

Leafs are unveiling their Arenas jersey tomorrow and are doing a St. Pat's night in March.

55 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

Anyways, I kinda wish that they weren't playing dress-up with another entity's Stanley Cup victories on their sleeves.  If anything, the Centennial Classic should've been between the teams with the most Stanley Cups between them, The Canadiens and the Maple Leafs. Between them they've won a whopping 39 Cups!  That would've been a better way to celebrate hockey.  Not with a 90s expansion franchise that's completely unrelated to the team that won those over 100 years ago.

The Centennial Classic was between the Maple Leafs and Red Wings. This is the NHL100 Classic, which is totally different: it's Ottawa's turn to have an outdoor game that can't be the Winter Classic because Americans don't know where the hell Ottawa is. They've been angling for an outdoor game since Edmonton had the first one, going so far as to propose putting bleachers along the Rideau Canal. That would have been cool.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Senators need some hem stripes.  I would have liked to see them also go with a full collar.  And I didn't think the O logo could look worse than it already did, but the silver treatment does not help at all.

Montreal looks alright, but I would have mirrored the sleeve stripes on the hem.

4 hours ago, daniel75 said:

That Sens jersey looks like Ohio state. Not a fan of the O.

I agree. Red jersey, introduction of silver, light-colored O, it's too Ohio State-looking. Their team could wear that tomorrow and there would be few questions.

...and I LIKE the O.

Canadiens had a chance to diagonal stripe and be interesting. They blew it. Silver additions to the 100th jersey look like crap...again.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

i know we're on the "Adidas collars suck" wagon, but they really do kind of kill the "throwbackness" of these throwback jerseys.  They (Reebok) had finally come across something great for these with the round crewneck collars that Boston, Montreal, and St. Louis had the past couple years to give a fairly authentic sweater look. 

1Kgre.gif

Archived