NHL 2017-18

Bmac

1 hour ago, lopernv said:

No surprises here, I don't think.

Arenas-blank.jpg

BTW, orders in the next 48h get a free toque.

Worth the $250 I paid, especially if it came with a free toque.

Makes me wonder what the Stadium Series jerseys will look like, as I will not only be going to the game but will get BOTH jerseys (depending on how they look)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tohasbo said:

Worth the $250 I paid, especially if it came with a free toque.

Makes me wonder what the Stadium Series jerseys will look like, as I will not only be going to the game but will get BOTH jerseys (depending on how they look)

You should cancel and use the discount code I posted above.

I'll probably buy the St. Pats jersey and forgo the Stadium Series. I regretted not buying it last year, hoping it's a green vs. white this year.

1 hour ago, lopernv said:

You should cancel and use the discount code I posted above.

I'll probably buy the St. Pats jersey and forgo the Stadium Series. I regretted not buying it last year, hoping it's a green vs. white this year.

Would be cool if they used the green ones like they did from the 2001 version but it could be the same one from last year.  That is one in my collection I got that I wear on rare occasions but only because it is white.

13 minutes ago, jerseyjunk said:

Yellow socks are superior, but the stripes needs to match  the jersey. Any concepts on how to fix that?

Yeah...yellow socks with black/white/black stripes. It's like how the jersey has yellow stripes with black/white/black between the yellow.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

the past few years, I've noticed a lot of players using this very shiny clear tape on their socks (like the Bruins player in the pics above). I don't remember seeing that in the past, guys always used matching-color tape. It just sticks out in a cheap looking way.

Anyone know if there is a reason for that?

3 hours ago, Bob5151 said:

the past few years, I've noticed a lot of players using this very shiny clear tape on their socks (like the Bruins player in the pics above). I don't remember seeing that in the past, guys always used matching-color tape. It just sticks out in a cheap looking way.

Anyone know if there is a reason for that?

Clear tape is pretty standard for socks. I'm 32 now, and I can't remember a time when clear tape wasn't used. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

37 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

Clear tape is pretty standard for socks. I'm 32 now, and I can't remember a time when clear tape wasn't used. 

It just stands out more on the darker colours, and perhaps the new sock materials and improved lighting make a difference.

Look right below his knees. 

90s-buf-lw-dave-andreychuk.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

Can you, or someone else  do a photoshop job to show it?

That's about the only way to fix it, and it's been done before. 

bobby-orr-of-the-boston-bruins-skates-on

you have to look at the stripes on the jersey as a gold area with the black-white-black stripe inside it. Then, the socks match. 

However, the Bruins never matched the stripes with the socks on their white jerseys.  They did however match them to the shoulder yokes for a time, and this continued into the 1995 set, and then Edge set (talking white jerseys still).  This method helped balance the uniform well from shoulders to legs, especially on the Edge set. 

The gold socks wity white-black-white came with that '95 rebrand, and more or less matched the striping on the arms on the dark uniforms, and it stuck around with the Edge set as a way to balance out the black of the uniform.  i specifically remember reading someone from the Bruins stating this as the reason in '07.  

So, the only way(s) to have the socks match are to either go back to the old way, or go with what Adidas gave us. 

3 hours ago, B-mer said:

However, the Bruins never matched the stripes with the socks on their white jerseys. 

It's funny, because the former gold socks would match the stripes of the gold jerseys from Orr's rookie year as well as the Winter Classic uniforms based on the Orr rookie unis (though the socks for both sets didn't match the jerseys).

22d4a762f0987ee545bb4537a72a8ddf--bruins

gettyimages-95521732.jpg

The team that got the look right is the Baby B's, who wear what I think the Bruins should be wearing as third uniforms (but with black lids):

providence-bruins.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

15 hours ago, Mingjai said:

It's funny, because the former gold socks would match the stripes of the gold jerseys from Orr's rookie year as well as the Winter Classic uniforms based on the Orr rookie unis (though the socks for both sets didn't match the jerseys).

The team that got the look right is the Baby B's, who wear what I think the Bruins should be wearing as third uniforms (but with black lids):

providence-bruins.jpg

Think this would look better if the stripes were revered,  black in the white part and  white in the black parts 

On 16/11/2017 at 9:48 AM, Mingjai said:

22d4a762f0987ee545bb4537a72a8ddf--bruins

gettyimages-95521732.jpg

providence-bruins.jpg

Yellow uniforms look much better with yellow helmets. Yellow is too light of a colour to be used as a dark base. Which is why I favour Nashville going with yellow on the road with a matching navy at home.Penguins14.png.6fa08430a0f85cebc7f27c900e5c7740.pngKings09.png.ac383250262558cd518f314ba6c8fb63.png

2 hours ago, OMMF said:

So what kind of weird hybrid jersey is this? Numbered size but no fight strap. Called an authentic but only $180.

https://www.lids.com/minnesota-north-stars-ccm-nhl-mens-authentic-classic-jersey/20954897

https://www.lids.com/phoenix-coyotes-ccm-nhl-mens-authentic-classic-jersey/20954899

Screened CCM logo on those, too. Very odd. Must be a new version, like an authentic version the Heroes of Hockey series?

I'll bet that's the latest edition of the "Team Classics" series, which is the Indonesian-made throwback replica line that's been getting gradually more prominent over the last 6-7 years. A guy at SportsK told me the Canadian-made CCM 550 Vintage line is going away.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

I'll bet that's the latest edition of the "Team Classics" series, which is the Indonesian-made throwback replica line that's been getting gradually more prominent over the last 6-7 years. A guy at SportsK told me the Canadian-made CCM 550 Vintage line is going away.

Did the old line have 2 levels of quality? I know in the Vintage line there was authentics but those at least mimicked the on-ice version. These seem to be replicas ($140) and super replicas ($180).

Archived