NHL 2017-18

Bmac

13 hours ago, insert name said:

Didn't they have a Stadium Series game earlier this year? Why do they get another one so soon?

When they announced last year's game in Pitt, they said the plan was always to have Philly host the matchup the following year outside (in honour of both teams' 50th anniversaries). Not sure why they didn't do it this season though. 

I'm still surprised the NHL hasn't tried to capitalize on last year's playoffs by having the Preds play outside at Nissan Stadium, especially when the Blackhawks would be the most logical opponent. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I really like that.  Maybe even more than their regular look.  

Going to be out of town for the Winter Classic. Bit depressed, because this is going to be an amazing-looking game. I promised my oldest I’d take him to his first NHL game this season, and this would have been a good one. 

For what it’s worth, I don’t think that mock-up is exactly accurate, but I’m with you. It’s a good look, and to be honest, I prefer the Rangers’ approach of doing a (mostly) true, accurate throwback instead of the historical mash-up/heritage-inspired approach the Sabres took.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

18 minutes ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

We still talked a good while about the 2019 Winter Classic though...

A couple of pages of Pooh Bear jersey posts and people being fed up with the Blackhawks. That was pretty much it. With the Pens and Flyers, we just had this same matchup earlier this year, and they've both been in their fair share of outdoor games too.

But if you want the discussion then here's a starting point: The Flyers should bring back the cooperalls and I'm fed up with the Penguins :upside:

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

9 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

For what it’s worth, I don’t think that mock-up is exactly accurate, but I’m with you. It’s a good look, and to be honest, I prefer the Rangers’ approach of doing a (mostly) true, accurate throwback instead of the historical mash-up/heritage-inspired approach the Sabres took.

ordinarily, I’d agree.   But I love that Sabres uniform so much, I’m willing to overlook it. 

On 11/22/2017 at 8:25 PM, JJ Anderes said:

I was able to grab this photo off the 'Chel shop webpage. Don't know if they've realized their mistake and taken it down yet.

44ae71535c23bc37e4118cd03b266957b462e9d4

Checks out - the sweater hasn’t been officially released yet, but some of the associated merchandise has, and it uses the same name treatment and stripe pattern. 

ff_2840869alt3_full.jpg&w=600

http://shop.nhl.com/New_York_Rangers_Gear/Mens_New_York_Rangers_Fanatics_Branded_Blue_2018_Winter_Classic_Trucker_Adjustable_Snapback_Hat

1 hour ago, aztex82 said:

The tweaks to the buffalo and sabers are really well done. It’s such a huge improvement over the current logo. I really hope they make this the primary next year.

Sabres-Old-New.jpg

The new circular ends of the sword handles look splendid, the slashes are now of correct proportion, the details of the revised buffalo silhouette have been fixed.

A+ job tweeking up a classic logo into the current era.

So much better than this...

256x256bb.jpg

5 hours ago, JJ Anderes said:

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Until the Rangers called me out.

---

I fooled a lot more people than I thought I would.

Wow. Cool.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

6 hours ago, JJ Anderes said:

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Until the Rangers called me out.

---

I fooled a lot more people than I thought I would.

Well played.

I'm actually diappointed that wasn't the real thing, and was about to share my Unpopular Opinion that I like it better than the regular uniform. Oh well :P

P.S. The real one >>>>> "leaked" one

It better be.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Fake?

Fake?!

A thousand curses upon your head, for deceiving us with this trickery. Mostly because I loved your concept so much. ?

Did you get the name/stripe treatment from the caps?  

The only improvement I could see to your design would be to elevate the hem stripe a little bit, let some blue show at the hem. Like their alt:

716sfU9htUL._SL1200_.jpg

I’ve never liked how the Rangers’ white stripe goes all the way to the hem. 

But well played, sir.  Well played. 

P.S. The real one >>>>> "leaked" one

They say this until the reveal. Jersey will probably suck because Adidas and people will hate it. Rangers will then claim they aren't a fashion company. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

On 11/23/2017 at 9:23 AM, spartacat_12 said:

I'm still surprised the NHL hasn't tried to capitalize on last year's playoffs by having the Preds play outside at Nissan Stadium, especially when the Blackhawks would be the most logical opponent. 

They typically line these up so far in advance that I would think the earliest the Preds would be considered, based on their SCF run, would be 2019-2020.

Even so, Nissan isn't a great location for an outdoor game. Sure, they can keep the ice going, even if the temps get above freezing, but the main reason to avoid the warmer locations is the fact that might rain, not snow. If you don't know why that's a problem, look at the AHL's Condorstown Outdoor Classic.

Despite their on-ice success, and local ratings being way up, the Preds still aren't close to the draw more established markets see from their teams. If we're talking Winter Classic, Nashville will probably (and should) be relegated to being an away team for an opponent close enough for their fans to make the trip, likely Chicago or Detroit.

Columbus would be ideal, as long as it's a Stadium Series game, not the Winter Classic. It would be the first outdoor matchup for both, meaning a pretty garuanteed attendance boon; all without the ratings yoke the Classic carries. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived