NHL 2017-18

Bmac

To be honest, I like the idea of having 4 jerseys. With a 33/33/8/8 split, you can see teams have 2 alternates that are completely different from each other & yet still have cohesion with what they wear. It'd be fun to see what teams can do... and I prefer white at home personally. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, kroywen said:

Yeah, I have no desire to see teams basically carve out two separate identities, which is what would often happen if teams were allowed four jerseys. You'd see black-and-silver Kings and purple-and-gold Kings, black-and-orange Ducks and eggplant-and-teal (Mighty) Ducks, blue-and-white Lightning and black-blue-silver Lightning, etc. There'd be plenty of teams that would basically have two separate identities (more often than not, one "current" and one "throwback"). No thanks.

This is the NBA's current problem and I'd hate to see hockey go down that path. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

48 minutes ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Is it so hard for Minnesota to make a green version of their white jersey?

Yes! For the longest time I thought they had 2 Alternative home jerseys and wasn't sure which one is the primary one. I'm still not sure. 

XM4KeeA.png

Count me in among those that wouldn't want to see the NHL go in a 4 jersey direction. The NBA's way too much of a mess with their out of control alternate system. Unless the NHL decides to come up with a throwback weekend where everyone plays one game where they're in throwbacks, keep it at 3 with the exception of the outdoor game jerseys. Oh, and also keep the darks at home.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

6 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Is it so hard for Minnesota to make a green version of their white jersey?

Best case scenario as the current reds outwore their welcome 5 years ago (conservatively).  The Wild have the potential to make a great red-alternate but the current version isn't it.  Lack of hem stripes and the phantom yoke sunk this previously respectable design.

One change I'd actually like to see if the Wild go with green home jerseys: red breezers. I love the way that the red and green in their color scheme play off each other, and think green/red/green would be really attractive. Also in general prefer when the breezers are a different color from the jersey and socks. Red breezers would also look really good alongside their away jersey, given that they'd match the numbers well.

1 hour ago, kroywen said:

One change I'd actually like to see if the Wild go with green home jerseys: red breezers. I love the way that the red and green in their color scheme play off each other, and think green/red/green would be really attractive. Also in general prefer when the breezers are a different color from the jersey and socks. Red breezers would also look really good alongside their away jersey, given that they'd match the numbers well.

Please no.

17 hours ago, kroywen said:

While I generally agree that having the pants a different colour from the jerseys/socks is the way to go, it really only works when the pants are a darker colour than the jerseys/socks. It's the reason that I love the Wild's red look (the pre-Edge Wild alt is one of the only jerseys I have bought purely for aesthetic reasons).

Red pants with dark green jerseys & socks would be too jarring of a look. It's why I am not a fan of the Blue Jackets using red pants.

• 2 weeks later...

Everytime I see Columbus in their thirds I am disappointed. They've been around for way too long.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

5 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

While I may not have been happy with all of their deadline moves, news like this gets me excited (although I'm still not getting my hopes up):

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/new-ottawa-senators-president-considering-logo-change

they dont need a rebrand, they just need a better template, like colorado, calgary and washington. 

Archived