NHL 2017-18

Bmac

6 hours ago, Morgo said:

I think they made it pointy so it would fit in with the statue imagery, not to be "edgy."

Edgy was the thing at the time.  When the revised shield was introduced, we immediately joked about how they were so very clearly trying to toughen up their shield logo “because that’s what the youths want”.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SenatorJake said:

Dangit man, how can Morgo always be so wrong about everything?!!

He's a decent poster and all... but goddamn! The Rangers' existing jerseys (although they get the blue somewhat wrong) are in the upper echelons of NHL uniforms. Why mess with that?

That 90's Rangers look is awful and it should be mothballed forever much like current New Englad Patriots uniform that it so closely resembles. I liked it as a kid, but its time has come & gone. Very few teams should have more than 2 jerseys, and the Rangers certainly shouldn't be one of them.

Can you explain?

14 hours ago, SenatorJake said:

He's a decent poster and all... but goddamn! The Rangers' existing jerseys (although they get the blue somewhat wrong) are in the upper echelons of NHL uniforms. Why mess with that?

That 90's Rangers look is awful and it should be mothballed forever much like current New Englad Patriots uniform that it so closely resembles. I liked it as a kid, but its time has come & gone. Very few teams should have more than 2 jerseys, and the Rangers certainly shouldn't be one of them.

Hey, sorry for not bowing down to group-think :) .  The Liberty jerseys didn't look dated in 2007 and they wouldn't look dated today.  And where did I say that they should replace their existing jerseys?  The current set with the Navy Liberty jersey as an alternate would create a top 5 identity in my books.

The Lady Liberty set would work well if we had a 4 jersey rule in the NHL if they ever wanted to bring it back. (MY idea for a 4 jersey NHL: 62 games in the regular home/road sets, 20 games in which you wear your Home Alternate & your Road Alt for 10 games apiece. Seems like a fair schedule & an extra jersey = more sales) 

It's by no means a perfect set of jerseys, but the look isn't all bad. The logo is really nice & I like the addition of silver. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

10 hours ago, SenatorJake said:

Maybe you are wrong about everything --- :o  welcome to the :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

4 hours ago, Morgo said:

Hey, sorry for not bowing down to group-think :) .  The Liberty jerseys didn't look dated in 2007 and they wouldn't dated today.  And where did I say that they should replace their existing jerseys?  The current set with the Navy Liberty jersey as an alternate would create a top 5 identity in my books.

I'm with you. The Liberty jerseys are great as an alternate.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

For those who aren't aware, I'm dating a Coyotes fan. The awkward size and shape of their current logo actually keeps her from wearing her jersey, due to how it plays out on her short, buxom frame.

Anyways, we were having a conversation about getting her one of the new jerseys, and she actually wants the Fanatics one, not Adidas. Her primary reasoning is that the more pliable logo will be more comfortable for her. Saving 50 buck is just a bonus.

The conversation highlighted how much of a jersey snob both these boards and r/hockeyjerseys has turned me into. Yes, there actually is a market for the Fanatics jerseys. I just really wish it hadn't come at the expense of true authentics.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

For those who aren't aware, I'm dating a Coyotes fan. The awkward size and shape of their current logo actually keeps her from wearing her jersey, due to how it plays out on her short, buxom frame.

166.gif

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Anyways, we were having a conversation about getting her one of the new jerseys, and she actually wants the Fanatics one, not Adidas. Her primary reasoning is that the more pliable logo will be more comfortable for her. Saving 50 buck is just a bonus.

The conversation highlighted how much of a jersey snob both these boards and r/hockeyjerseys has turned me into. Yes, there actually is a market for the Fanatics jerseys. I just really wish it hadn't come at the expense of true authentics.

There are market for the fanatics ones for sure, but it isn't the "replica" line. 

Fanatics should be like, 80/100

Replicas(indo authentic) 125/180

Authentic (Canadian authentic) whatever they normally cost. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Show your buxom lass how much you really care with a Kachina throwback.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So I came across this a couple of months ago at a Canadian Tire.  CCM branded jerseys that were cheaply made and priced that way.  Has anyone else seen something like that before?  I know in the past, Canadian Tire has sold really cheap jerseys where it was the same generic design for a few teams (not sure if it was only the Canadian teams), but in the team colours.  I don't recall every seeing one where it is exactly the same design as the real thing.

bDgxOjE.jpg bDPQjyZ.jpg

3 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Show your buxom lass how much you really care with a Kachina throwback.

I did, for Christmas. The '01-'03 road. The one with both shoulders reading "Phoenix Coyotes." She's been wanting one since she got into hockey. The smaller sizes are harder to find than I anticipated, for a reasonable price.

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

166.gif

Maybe my wording came across braggatory. The reason I phrased it like I did was the fact that that massive, awkward logo, on a small frame with a big chest, is a nightmare and looks ridiculous. (That's actually a better phrasing, anyways)

She got an adult men's, at a thrift store, but said the crest felt awkward and in the way (it looked kind of ridiculous). I got her a women's, but with  the way they're cut chestier women have to get a size that feels huge, everywhere else. I suggested a kid's XL since they use a smaller crest, and we were going to do that next. When she tried on a Fanatics, she liked how the crest contoured more to her body, and wanted one of those. Who the hell am I to argue?

She's not abnormally large-chested, but she's far from the first woman I've known with similar woes, regarding jerseys.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

6 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I did, for Christmas. The '01-'03 road. The one with both shoulders reading "Phoenix Coyotes." She's been wanting one since she got into hockey. The smaller sizes are harder to find than I anticipated, for a reasonable price.

Maybe my wording came across braggatory. The reason I phrased it like I did was the fact that that massive, awkward logo, on a small frame with a big chest, is a nightmare and looks ridiculous. (That's actually a better phrasing, anyways)

She got an adult men's, at a thrift store, but said the crest felt awkward and in the way (it looked kind of ridiculous). I got her a women's, but with  the way they're cut chestier women have to get a size that feels huge, everywhere else. I suggested a kid's XL since they use a smaller crest, and we were going to do that next. When she tried on a Fanatics, she liked how the crest contoured more to her body, and wanted one of those. Who the hell am I to argue?

She's not abnormally large-chested, but she's far from the first woman I've known with similar woes, regarding jerseys.

Clearly some pictures are required to really know what you’re talking about...:D

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 hours ago, M4One said:

So I came across this a couple of months ago at a Canadian Tire.  CCM branded jerseys that were cheaply made and priced that way.  Has anyone else seen something like that before?  I know in the past, Canadian Tire has sold really cheap jerseys where it was the same generic design for a few teams (not sure if it was only the Canadian teams), but in the team colours.  I don't recall every seeing one where it is exactly the same design as the real thing.

I have a Canadiens one and love it. With the chest stripe, it has a one layer printed twill logo. I’m interested in the Leafs and Oilers ones at least if I can find them, which is impossible in Ohio. I really wish they were made more widely available. I think it’s a great option for those not willing to put out $100, and don’t want a knockoff.

On 12/1/2017 at 7:58 AM, Gothamite said:

They looked like a desperate attempt to be modern in 1997.  They looked dated almost immediately afterward.  ;) 

Why?  Because they tried something new instead of just mining an inferior version of their current set and applying vintage white?  It's sentiment like this that has made this place an absolute bore as of late.  Were there bad things to come out of the 90's?  Sure.  The alternate class of 1996 springs immediately to mind but that doesn't mean everything from that time-frame should be spoken about in hushed tones as if the entire era should have never existed.  The Liberty jersey is so far above the Rangers recent attempts at alternate or specialty jerseys it's mind boggling.  It's okay to think outside the box for alternate look instead of taking the lazy, throwback shortcut every time.

/end rant

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

Why?  Because they tried something new instead of just mining an inferior version of their current set and applying vintage white?  It's sentiment like this that has made this place an absolute bore as of late.  Were there bad things to come out of the 90's?  Sure.  The alternate class of 1996 springs immediately to mind but that doesn't mean everything from that time-frame should be spoken about in hushed tones as if the entire era should have never existed.  The Liberty jersey is so far above the Rangers recent attempts at alternate or specialty jerseys it's mind boggling.  It's okay to think outside the box for alternate look instead of taking the lazy, throwback shortcut every time.

/end rant

It’s just not that great a uniform for some people. If they had matched the socks and sleeves (and maybe even the collar), designed a proper pair of matching breezers, and simplified the logos and typography a ton, it would be decent. As it was, though? A typical 1990s look teetering the line between fun and disaster without ever approaching the realm of good.

/end rant

^_^

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, Morgo said:

It's sentiment like this that has made this place an absolute bore as of late. 

:wacko:

No, wait.  

:rolleyes:

C’mon.  You can do better than complain about a diverse community.  Several of the people in it, you may have noticed, agree with you.  

Archived