NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Morgo said:

If they replaced the silver with gold I could get behind it 100%.  Red, White, Black and Gold is a really underrated scheme and the main reason I can't behind the transition to the Heritage logo/uniform.

Except Vegas has pretty much adopted this exact scheme (and even has a better executed gold-helmeted historical warrior logo).

4 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Except Vegas has pretty much adopted this exact scheme (and even has a better executed gold-helmeted historical warrior logo).

I don't understand why 2 teams in a 31 team league (soon to be 32) can't use a similar colour scheme, especially since Ottawa would probably be a primarily red team.  Even if they went with black, I doubt they would end up looking anything like Vegas.  

5 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Hardly the exact scheme.  The Senators are primarily red & completely devoid of grey while the Knights are primarily grey and use very little red.  The Gold also looks completely different in flat applications.

On 12/13/2017 at 1:22 PM, Ice_Cap said:

They’re named after Chief Black Hawk, so their identity fits so long as they’re using him as their logo. 

No they're not. They're named for the Blackhawk division, the outfit the Freddie McLaughlin served with in the war. (Which I think was named for the Sauk Chief, but the team is not directly.)

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Are the collar and the bottom of the sleeve black or navy? Navy goes more with the ASG logo, whereas black obviously goes with the NHL logo (and the orange/black historic look of the league)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

53 minutes ago, Scratcher said:

yqlbKQK.jpg

Found that online. Were they unveiled yet?
That would be extremely disappointing if true.

Nope, this is the first look at the unis.  Im expecting the other three to be blue, orange, and black.

31 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Are the collar and the bottom of the sleeve black or navy? Navy goes more with the ASG logo, whereas black obviously goes with the NHL logo (and the orange/black historic look of the league)

Thats definitely black.  The logo is actually closer to royal blue like the Lightning primary color.

2 hours ago, Scratcher said:

yqlbKQK.jpg

Found that online. Were they unveiled yet?
That would be extremely disappointing if true.

Very Flyers-esque. If I didn't knew that ASG is held in Tampa Bay I'd think that Philadelphia is a host city.

Despite this, is not a bad jersey.

4r2eer.png

Bad. I thought the ASG jerseys are supposed to be in team colors? Could have easily done White, Grey, Blue, Black. 

Also I hate the new tie up laces on these Adidas jerseys. The laces are so low, and below a connected collar, it makes no sense. It's not even tying anything together. And what is the point of the half collar?

On 2017-12-18 at 12:16 AM, tommytimp said:

No they're not. They're named for the Blackhawk division, the outfit the Freddie McLaughlin served with in the war. (Which I think was named for the Sauk Chief, but the team is not directly.)

Yes, they are :D 

Look, yes. They were named after the Black Hawk Division. I’m telling you with 100% certainty that the division was, in fact, named after Chief Black Hawk.

So while the team wasn’t named after the Sauk Chief directly? They were named after something that was, and they use the Sauk Chief’s likeness as their logo.

So yes. They were named after Chief Black Hawk. Going “well actually...” is pedantic, even for this place. 

On 12/20/2017 at 1:51 PM, wildwing64 said:

Not always. Let's not forget the Columbus All Star jerseys were black and neon green.

The 15-16 jerseys weren't in Predators colors either. In fact, the 2004 and 2009 ASGs were some of the only times that the jerseys have matched the host team's colors.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

When I first saw the All-Star leak, I thought it was ok. Obviously, the collar is ridiculous, but I didn't think it was that bad...

Then I realized that the striping on the arm is only going to wrap around part of the way. The underside of the arms are plain white, like the jersey. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be material that will help with sweat or not, but either way, it looks awful. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 12/20/2017 at 4:43 PM, njdevs7 said:

...what is the point of the half collar?

World+Cup+Hockey+2016+Team+Europe+v+Czec

:P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived