NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a Fanatics brand Red Wings sweater for Christmas and I have to say, I am a HUGE fan of it! After checking out the new Adidas jerseys in-store I decided that the extra money for the logo just didn't make sense to me so when asked what I wanted for Christmas, I pointed my family in the direction of the Fanatics brand sweater. They're basically the Reebok Premier jerseys I've been buying for the last few years, they've just sewn in a fight strap. What I really like about the Fanatics jersey is the fact that the crests and numbers are a much softer material, it feels really nice to the touch and when I have the jersey on. The fabric is a lot softer than the Adidas jerseys and previous Reebok's, which has been a complaint I've had for a while, why were the Reebok jerseys so much coarser than the old CCM jerseys? I just bought an AHL CCM jersey a few weeks ago while at a game and was amazing that the fabric was different than the Reebok jerseys, it felt much smoother and softer. 

The Fanatics jersey has a different cut that is really comfortable, I don't feel like the jersey is going to get in the way or end up somewhere I don't want it. Tighter tailoring is nice and while initially I thought the collars were goofy looking, now that I've worn mine a round I'm a big fan of it! The collar is a thicker material than the rest of the jersey and falls flat nicely, I think it's going to be a really nice sweater to wear over a hoodie in a few weeks when I venture to Chicago the Wings vs. Hawks game! 

I'm really interested in seeing how the jersey holds up over time, I tend to wear my jerseys A LOT, so this one is going to get some wear early in its life.

Has anyone else bought/been gifted a Fanatics jersey? What are your thoughts on them and have yours worn well?

4 hours ago, Toronto206 said:

This might be a stretch but that new Capss logo is similar to their WC 2015 crest. A modernization of it almost- what if they’re testing out a future primary? 

Possible, although the Winter Classic logo is much nicer (and the Weagle too at that).

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

12 hours ago, Toronto206 said:

This might be a stretch but that new Capss logo is similar to their WC 2015 crest. A modernization of it almost- what if they’re testing out a future primary? 

I prefer the 2015 version, but I'm not sure it would work as a primary logo.  Then again, the Capitals current logo isn't really that great of a primary, either, so anything is possible.

On 12/22/2017 at 10:06 AM, Ice_Cap said:

Yes, they are :D 

Look, yes. They were named after the Black Hawk Division. I’m telling you with 100% certainty that the division was, in fact, named after Chief Black Hawk.

So while the team wasn’t named after the Sauk Chief directly? They were named after something that was, and they use the Sauk Chief’s likeness as their logo.

So yes. They were named after Chief Black Hawk. Going “well actually...” is pedantic, even for this place. 

Why, thank you for the lesson on pedantry, Mr. "100% Certainty/Something That Was!" If I had meant to sportsplain, I would have. 

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

2 hours ago, tommytimp said:

Why, thank you for the lesson on pedantry, Mr. "100% Certainty/Something That Was!" If I had meant to sportsplain, I would have. 

If you think that's pedantry, maybe you want to navigate away from this particular message board and spend your hours in the Barstool comments instead.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 minute ago, Sodboy13 said:

If you think that's pedantry, maybe you want to navigate away from this particular message board and spend your hours in the Barstool comments instead.

I shall never forget these kindnesses. Your words carry infinite value. This was my first time here so I never understood the levels of pedantry at play on these message boards. As I begin my final form at Dunnsborough-Chawton I shall apply your many encouraging thoughts toward my general studies and hope to better myself in every way that I may one day approach the correct levels of pedantry as you have so very generously explained them to me.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

23 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

ff_3003693alt2_full.jpg&w=3000&q=80

New Stadium Series logo for Washington, along with likely jersey colours (white Leafs, red Caps).

I found two more items.

http://shop.nhl.com/Toronto_Maple_Leafs_Gear/Youth_Toronto_Maple_Leafs_White_2018_Stadium_Series_Cuffed_Pom_Knit_Hat

http://shop.nhl.com/Washington_Capitals_Gear/Youth_Washington_Capitals_Navy_2018_Stadium_Series_Cuffed_Pom_Knit_Hat

Looks like the leafs are going white, maybe with a chest stripe?

Very confused about the Capitals. The Weagle is on the hat, so we have three logos now? And are they going blue?

The Sabres' Winter Classic pants have a satin-like finish to them that looks really sharp in the sun.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I might be one of the few people who doesn't really have a problem with the current Sabres uniforms (except for the chest numbers), but if they don't switch to the Winter Classic jersey in the next couple of years, then they are stupid.

The new materials of the Adizero jerseys (and the Edge ones for that matter) make the Royal Blue and Gold combo look better than ever.  It's such a breath of fresh air after 10 years of the drab Navy, Silver and Yellow scheme.

Went to the Avs and Isles game last night. It was an amazing jersey matchup, and the Isles' blue/orange really lit up under the arena lights.

However, as an Isles fan, the night sucked. My family and I did get on TV though, for our only goal. Here's that.

27 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Both teams looked great today.

900323438_slide.jpg

900334306_slide.jpg

It was actually great to see the Sabres look so nice and bright today. Almost like sports are supposed to be fun or something. I still think there's not enough yellow between the missing yoke outline, the numbers, and the names all being one-layer blue, but it was ignore-able.

The Sabres looked good but now that I've seen the jerseys in action, I think they have too many stripes.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived